Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
Join Financial Accounting Advisory Services (Financial Services) within Assurance and you’ll assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You’ll be part of a team that provides insight and services that leverage analytics, automation, and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function.
The Financial Instruments Valuation team supports Assurance teams in Singapore with independent valuation assessment and quantitative analysis on various financial instruments. We leverage on sophisticated financial engineering techniques to assist clients in understanding and valuing vanilla derivatives and other complex securities, for financial reporting, risk management and regulatory compliance purposes.
The services we provided within EY cover a broad spectrum of responsibilities faced with respect to financial instruments valuations for internal and external clients in various asset classes (e.g. FX, Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Interest Rate, Credit, etc) and industry sectors (e.g. banking, private equity, hedge funds, transportations, commodity, utilities, oil & gas, REITS, internet-based firms, etc).
What you will do
- Get involved in discussions on valuation tasks, to understand the objective of the work, key tasks to be performed, and the expected deliverables.
- Comprehend the mechanics behind the financial instruments, the valuation approach, and various key parameters influencing the valuation outcome.
- Leverage on the EY’s financial instruments pricing system, such as Thomson Reuters, CapitalIQ, and Numerix, to assist with completion of tasks on-hand.
- Initiate self-learning and constantly seek feedback and guidance from senior team members on the practical considerations in performing the valuation.
- Execute the assigned tasks on hand and regularly update your supervisor or senior members on the progress.
- Communicate issues and/or findings encountered along the project and sharing ideas or solutions to other team members.
- Document the approach and methodology adopted in the assessment, the explanation behind the assumptions adopted, the assessment results, and the findings on the assessment.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Pursuing university degree related to quantitative finance, financial engineering, finance, statistics, mathematical finance, engineering or equivalent.
- Experience and/or demonstrated passion in financial instruments valuation surrounding venture capitalist and private equity industries and programming skill and demonstrated aptitude in quantitative analysis. This passion could be demonstrated via university projects, internships, conferences, self-study, etc.
- Proficiency in at least one the financial engineering package, namely Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Numerix, Microsoft Excel VBA.
- Knowledge of derivatives products, financial instruments and valuation modelling and credit risk modelling with interest in data analysis/visualization platform (e.g. Matlab, Spotfire, Alteryx, R, SQL).
- Ability to work with complex and detailed information.
- Experience and/or demonstrated ability in time management and adaptability to change under pressure to build effective relationships at all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and relationship building.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics
- Closing Date:16th Jan 2021, 6:00 pm