Join Financial Accounting Advisory Services (Financial Services) within Assurance and you’ll assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You’ll be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function.
Within EY’s Financial Accounting Advisory Services (Financial Services) practice, the Financial Instruments Valuation team is a provider of independent valuation of financial instruments and experts assessment in Hedge Accounting. We provide assistance to other service line within EY to seamlessly and efficiently deliver our services that cover a broad spectrum of responsibilities faced with respect to financial instruments valuations.
About the opportunity
The Financial Instrument Valuation team provides support on valuation and quantitative analysis for internal and external clients, and related risk management area. Team member is expected to establish interaction with internal and external clients. There will be exposure to various asset classes (e.g. FX, Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Interest Rate, Credit, etc) and to various industry sectors (e.g. banking, private equity, hedge funds, transportations, commodity, utilities, oil & gas, REITS, internet-based firms, etc). The team is also responsible to complete various ad-hoc projects with external clients.
What you will do
Your key responsibilities
As an intern in the Financial Instrument Valuation team, you’ll assist the assistants/managers in multiple client engagement teams in daily independent valuation under accounting framework, valuing standalone and embedded derivatives using existing pricing model, review of client’s valuation model, perform independent verification and validation of the pricing model and underlying assumptions/parameter and perform sensitivity analysis against various risk factors. You’ll also document the testing results and findings.
Required Skills and Abilities
Skills & attributes for success
- Highly motivated, able to multi-task, work independently under minimum supervision and deliver top-quality results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical, communication, project-management, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Strong programming skill with demonstrated aptitude in quantitative analysis
- PC proficiency including preferably at least one Financial Engineering or statistical software package (e.g. Matlab or Spotfire), Bloomberg, Reuters, Super Derivatives, MS Excel/VBA
To qualify for the role you must have the following
- Pursuing a bachelor’s/Master degree in quantitative finance, physics or engineering with strong programming skills
- Prior work experience is not required
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Good project management skills
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Science, Accounting
- Closing Date:19th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm