What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential.
Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and, in the future, – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience - It's yours to build.
Our leading edge Forensic & Integrity Services are looking for candidates in the technology division, Forensic Technology & Discovery Services (FTDS) team. We provide leading technology and expertise in data driven support of complex litigation cases and business issues, allowing our clients and their counsel to make informed, strategic decisions.
The scope of our work is wide ranging including dispute resolution, financial crime investigations, anti-money laundering, transaction monitoring, and investigating bribery / corruption cases.
EY is on the cutting-edge of current trends in fraud and forensic investigations and we serve as a quality-focused liaison between our clients and the law. We have a strong presence in Asia Pacific, including Singapore, Australia, China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines including being part of a global network of over 1,000 forensic services professionals within the EY global organization.
What You Will Do
You will help clients detect and prevent against fraud by leveraging knowledge from their data for measurement of fraud risks and losses, prevention, continuous monitoring, detection and investigation of occupational fraud, waste and abuse, financial crime, regulatory breaches and other forms of non-compliant or improper and wasteful activities.
In your role as a Data Analytics Intern, you’ll be:
- Consulting for Global Fortune 500 companies on engagements and carrying out both reactive and proactive forensic analysis.
- Applying advanced modeling techniques in the development of fraud risk models, leveraging statistical computing languages.
- Working with a diverse team of professionals using cutting edge forensic technology in our digital forensics computing lab and hybrid forensic data center.
- Helping our clients derive insightful knowledge from their data to identify, reduce, and manage their fraud risk.
Required Skills and Abilities
Skills and attributes for success:
- Your experience in business intelligence combined with data analytics techniques such as investigative data linking, social network analysis, development of statistical models and ability to craft best of class solutions to allow our clients and their trusted counsel to make informed data driven decisions.
To qualify for the role you must have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Management, Business Intelligence or statistics with a strong computer programming component.
- Knowledge of BI tools like Tableau, Power BI or Qlikview is preferred.
- Proficiency in statistical computing languages like R and Python.
- Possesses strong analytical and organizational skills, confidence to work with more experienced staff.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- High level of attention to detail.
Important - Candidates must be able to commit from 9 May 2022 to 15 July 2022. We will not consider any request for shortening of internship duration.
We look for:
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset - What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven - We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive - We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds - both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect:
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Information Technology, Statistics
- Closing Date:22nd Feb 2022, 6:00 pm