At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too.
Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential.
Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and, in the future, – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience - It's yours to build.
Join the Financial Services Organization (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. We are the only professional services organization who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace dealing with asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity.
What You Will Do
Our Insurance and Actuarial Advisory Services practice comprises two areas - Life/Health Insurance and Property/Casualty products and services.
Join this team and you will provide clients with traditional actuarial services (e.g., reserving, pricing and mergers and acquisition support), as well as leading edge services such as financial reporting and measurement, financial risk management, modeling, hedging, reinsurance, securitization, economic capital and solvency.
As part of our Actuarial team, you’ll work on high-impact opportunities to apply your knowledge and experience working on:
- Market research and industry benchmarking.
- Valuation, pricing and product development.
- Regulatory changes, including Risk-Based Capital, Solvency II and IFRS.
- Merger & Acquisitions (M&A) and due diligence projects.
- Actuarial audits and financial modelling.
- Financial risk, product distribution and capital issues.
Required Skills and Abilities
We look for:
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset - What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven - We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive - We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Pursuing university degree related to Actuarial Science or equivalent.
- Experience and/or demonstrated passion in understanding of economic or market issues and the ability to interpret their impact on clients. This passion could be demonstrated via university projects, internships, conferences, self-study, etc.
- Experience and/or desire to pursue actuarial examinations with either the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK), the Society of Actuaries (US) or the Institute of Actuaries of Australia.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds - both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:18th Feb 2022, 6:00 pm