Join our globally integrated team of dedicated indirect tax professionals and you will combine technical knowledge, industry understanding and technologically advanced tools and methodologies to identify risks and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle across APTC. You will help us provide effective processes, improve day-to-day reporting, reduce attribution errors, reduce cost and ensure indirect taxes are handled correctly in transactions for our clients.
The indirect tax team within EY's Asia Pacific Tax Centre ("APTC") operates as a team of highly experienced indirect tax professionals from across Asia Pacific who focus on delivering APAC wide solutions to multi-national companies.
Work comprises of three core components:
- Delivery of operational excellence initiatives that drive strategic business growth for our clients - Operating Model Effectiveness ("OME")
- Digital Indirect Tax initiatives advising our clients on external digital factors impacting our clients business strategy and operating model, as well as how to optimise internal operations from a technology and data perspective to respond to external drivers for change and differing tax administration compliance initiatives
- APAC wide indirect tax advisory engagements comprising both global trade and VAT, providing our clients with the APAC solution
What you will do
Your key responsibilities
- Stay abreast of Digital Tax Effectiveness and Digital Tax Administration trends and tax policy changes impacting the way our clients do business
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex supply chain concepts and effectively apply customs and indirect tax knowledge to client situations
- Assist in developing and delivering quality OME and Digital Indirect Tax work products in a timely and responsive manner
- Thoroughly analyse client information. Prepare quality practical approaches to the client's situation
- Develop recommendations and implementation plans for clients and team member
- Full training will be provided to the candidate. Prior experience in any of the above is an asset, however not expected
Required Skills and Abilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Diligent and has a strong drive to excel professionally
- Ability to develop good client relationships
- Commitment to the delivery good quality work
- A team player
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor's degree (a Master's degree or accounting/tax qualification will be an advantage)
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills in business English
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced professional services environment and cope with undefined situations
- Willingness to travel in APAC
- Candidates must be actively interested in developing themselves in indirect tax and analytics capabilities. Training opportunities will be provided
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Positive working attitude and motivation to learn
- Good IT knowledge
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed Resume
- Copy of Highest Academic Certification and Transcripts
- Copy of your NRIC (for SGP/SPR) / Passport (for non SGP/SPR)
- Copy of Entry Permit (for SPR)
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Make your mark. Apply now.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance
- Closing Date:2nd Jul 2019, 6:00 pm