Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Indirect Tax Services, International Tax Services, People Advisory Services (Mobility) and Transaction Tax Services.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
About the opportunity
Do you want to be the solution, not just part of it? Then join EY and gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
Businesses today are subject to ever-growing and increasingly complex tax and regulatory change. Helping businesses navigate these challenges requires advisors with a deep understanding of relevant legislation, outstanding communication skills and the ability to manage client relationships effectively.
In our friendly, collaborative environment, you’ll receive the support, formal training and coaching you need to progress quickly along the career path you choose.
Your key responsibilities
You'll focus on corporate tax consulting and compliance service for clients in the financial services industry, which covers banking and capital markets, insurance and asset management.
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and possess initiative
- Positive work attitude, team player with strong interpersonal skills
Required Skills and Abilities
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in Computer Science, Economics and Engineering
Ideally, you also have
- Strong analytical skills
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume
- Latest university transcript
- NRIC or student pass (for foreign students)
Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
Important: Candidates must be able to commit to 10-week internship from 14 May 2018 to 20 July 2018.
What we look for
- Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.