Join our globally integrated team of dedicated indirect tax professionals and you will combine technical knowledge, industry understanding and technologically advanced tools and methodologies to identify risks and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle across APTC.
You will help us provide effective processes, improve day-to-day reporting, reduce attribution errors, reduce cost and ensure indirect taxes are handled correctly in transactions for our clients.
The indirect tax team within EY's Asia Pacific Tax Centre ("APTC") operates as a team of highly experienced indirect tax professionals from across Asia Pacific who focus on delivering APAC wide solutions to multinational companies.
Work Comprises of Three core Components:
- Delivery of operational excellence initiatives that drive strategic business growth for our clients - Operating Model Effectiveness ("OME").
- Digital Indirect Tax initiatives advising our clients on external digital factors impacting our clients business strategy and operating model, as well as how to optimise internal operations from a technology and data perspective to respond to external drivers for change and differing tax administration compliance initiatives.
- APAC wide indirect tax advisory engagements comprising both global trade and VAT, providing our clients with the APAC solution.
What You Will Do
- Stay abreast of Digital Tax Effectiveness and Digital Tax Administration trends and tax policy changes impacting the way our clients do business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex supply chain concepts and effectively apply customs and indirect tax knowledge to client situations.
- Assist in developing and delivering quality OME and Digital Indirect Tax work products in a timely and responsive manner.
- Thoroughly analyse client information. Prepare quality, practical approaches to the client's situation.
- Develop recommendations and implementation plans for clients and team member.
- Full training will be provided to the candidate. Prior experience in any of the above is an asset, however not expected.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree or accounting/tax qualification will be an advantage).
- Candidates must be actively interested in developing themselves in indirect tax and analytics capabilities. Training opportunities will be provided.
- Diligent and has a strong drive to excel professionally.
- Ability to develop good client relationships.
- Commitment to the delivery of good quality work.
- A team player.
- Positive working attitude and motivation to learn.
- Good IT knowledge.
What We Look For
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:18th Jan 2020, 6:00 pm