At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too.
Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Join our globally integrated team of dedicated indirect tax professionals and you will combine technical knowledge, industry understanding and technologically advanced tools and methodologies to identify risks and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle across APTC.
You will help us provide effective processes, improve day-to-day reporting, reduce attribution errors, reduce cost and ensure indirect taxes are handled correctly in transactions for our clients.The indirect tax team within EY's Asia Pacific Tax Centre ("APTC") operates as a team of highly experienced indirect tax professionals from across Asia Pacific who focus on delivering APAC wide solutions to multi-national companies.
Work comprises of three core components:
- Delivery of operational excellence initiatives that drive strategic business growth for our clients - Operating Model Effectiveness ("OME").
- Digital Indirect Tax initiatives advising our clients on external digital factors impacting our clients business strategy and operating model, as well as how to optimise internal operations from a technology and data perspective to respond to external drivers for change and differing tax administration compliance initiatives.
- APAC wide indirect tax advisory engagements comprising both global trade and VAT, providing our clients with the APAC solution.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds - both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What You Will Do
- Stay abreast of Digital Tax Effectiveness and Digital Tax Administration trends and tax policy changes impacting the way our clients do business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex supply chain concepts and effectively apply customs and indirect tax knowledge to client situations.
- Assist in developing and delivering quality OME and Digital Indirect Tax work products in a timely and responsive manner.
- Thoroughly analyze client information. Prepare quality practical approaches to the client's situation.
- Develop recommendations and implementation plans for clients and team member.
- Full training will be provided to the candidate. Prior experience in any of the above is an asset, however not expected.
Required Skills and Abilities
Skills And Attributes for Success:
- Diligent and has a strong drive to excel professionally.
- Ability to develop good client relationships.
- Commitment to the delivery good quality work.
- A team player.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Pursuing university degree related to Accountancy, Business, Business Analytics, Finance, Economics or equivalent.
- Candidates must be actively interested in developing themselves in indirect tax and analytics capabilities. Training opportunities will be provided.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Positive working attitude and motivation to learn.
- Good IT knowledge.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Closing Date:9th Aug 2022, 6:00 pm