Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will help to develop applications for the team to provide quality service to our clients.
About the opportunity
Do you want to be the solution, not just part of it? Then join EY and gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
Businesses today are subject to ever-growing and increasingly complex tax and regulatory change. Helping businesses navigate these challenges requires advisors with relevant technology knowledge to manage our businesses effectively.
In our friendly, collaborative environment, you’ll receive the support and coaching you need to progress quickly along the career path you choose.
What you will do
Your key responsibilities
In this assignment, you have the opportunity to use established work procedures to analyze, code, implement, and troubleshoot tax based desktop, client-server and/or web based applications. Work commitment and quality consciousness is the key.
Required Skills and Abilities
Skills & attributes for success
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Maintenance and improvements of existing applications
- Design, code, test, debug and document software according to the functional requirements
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve errors related to the applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and possess initiative
- Positive work attitude, team player with strong interpersonal skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- Undertaking a degree preferably in Computer Science / IT related
- Familiar with most of the following concepts and technologies:
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Data Transaction and Analytics
- Entity-Relationship (ER) modeling and database design
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and testing patterns
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- N-tier and N-layered architecture
- MVC architecture
- Visual Studio 2010 and above
- SQL Server 2008 and above
- MS SQL Server Compact Edition
- MS Access
- MS Excel, MS Word and mail merging
- Crystal Reports and ActiveReports
- Team Foundation Server
- ASP.NET MVC/WebApi 4/5
- .NET Framework
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We also offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Information Technology
- Closing Date:19th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm