Our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimising, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within TAS include Mergers and Acquisition Services, Project Finance, Restructuring Services, Strategy & Operations, Transaction Diligence, Transaction Tax, and Valuation, Modeling and Economics.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
About the opportunity
Joining Financial Services - Transaction Advisory Services will provide individuals with fantastic opportunities to build on their transaction and commercial experience, and work on a number of diverse and demanding projects as part of a growing practice area. We continue to invest heavily in growing our geographical footprint as well as our account coverage and execution capability, as well as developing new areas of capability.
Increasing globalisation of our Financial Services business means that we work closely with colleagues in both Asia-Pacific and the Americas in respect of serving our largest global accounts as well as delivering cross-border engagements. Our clients including leading global companies across the Insurance, Banking & Capital Markets and Asset Management industries as well as private equity, central banks and Governments. Our assignments are typically complex, integrated projects that frequently involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines, as well as other professional advisers.
To leverage our already strong credentials, and to strengthen our ability to provide front-end strategic advice to our clients, we are building a dedicated Financial Services commercial diligence and strategy capability to complement our financial and operational diligence, M&A, valuation, modeling and economics services.
What you will do
Your key responsibilities
- Help clients achieve their strategic goals, whether they are acquiring or divesting assets
- Advise clients during the due diligence process to identify key value drivers, challenge assumptions about future performance and Work with other EY service teams to deliver an integrated service to our clients
- Likely to also work on a number of cross border assignments working with other EY offices around the world
Required Skills and Abilities
Skills & attributes for success
- Assist in analyses of historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact cash flow requirements and deal valuation
- Perform industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information
- Assist in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Project management skills
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Leadership, teamwork and client service skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
To qualify for the role you must have the following
- A degree in Accountancy, Business Management, Finance, Economics and/or other Business-related disciplines
- Proficient with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Plus, we offer
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Management, Banking...
- Closing Date:19th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm