The Procurement Operations Analyst will be a member of the Procurement Operations team in the Global Strategic Sourcing department, reporting to the Manager of Procurement Operations.
In this role, the Analyst will be responsible for supporting global initiatives related to spend management and process improvement. The Analyst role will strive to improve the quality, value, and effective use of procurement solutions and data within the organization. This role will effectively coordinate with business clients from various departments across the organizations to provide access and insights on business functions. He or she will also be the liaison between Sourcing and AP. This role will support administration of key technology applications and business requirement gathering to drive the continuous improvement of technology and data quality, use, and value.
The Global Strategic Sourcing department currently maintains an effective view of our spending with thousands of suppliers in dozens of countries – so attention to detail and a strong sense of curiosity, ability to think outside the box, and analytical skills will be essential components of success.
What You Will Do
- Measurement of Effectiveness.
- Procurement Function.
- Purchasing Tasks and Activities.
- Supplier Evaluations and Certifications.
- Contracts Management and Administration.
- Legal-Contracts Review. e-Procurement.
- Financial analysis, business intelligence/sourcing functions.
- Perform extensive research and analysis using relevant systems and Microsoft Excel.
- Create customized reports for trend analysis, spend distribution and comparison.
- Transform raw data into relevant information to be used for executive level business decisions.
- Establish efficient and repeatable data cleansing and classification capabilities.
- Assisting in building business cases for procuring certain goods or services from key suppliers through competent financial analysis.
- Assist in driving compliance with FDC’s procurement processes.
- Work with other departments to build enterprise alignment and identify/ recommend process improvements, including related support activities.
- Support special projects, including vendor audit, reporting, and research.
- Become Subject Matter Expert in functional use of corporate systems.
- Assist First Data employees with ad-hoc research and reporting of spend and procurement operations.
- Develop new ideas for process improvement initiatives.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Graduate of bachelor’s degree program.
- GPA 3.5+ preferred.
- BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Supply Chain Management or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, macros) and PowerPoint skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently or as a part of a team.
- Strong detail orientation and focus on quality work product due to the complex and sensitive need for data integrity.
- Business awareness with numerical ability coupled with a strong sense of curiosity.
- Excellent report writing and project management skills, with good attention to detail.
- Strong and demonstrable analytical skills.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to work with multiple stakeholders at different levels across the organization.
- Results-oriented professional with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, Ariba, and Accounts Payable systems is desirable.
- Previous experience in Accounts Payable management or Strategic Sourcing / financial analysis preferable.
- Functional knowledge of applications enabling strategic sourcing such as Ariba, SAP, and Oracle (I-Procurement) preferred.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and inquisitive.
- Self-starting and able to work autonomously.
- Analytical and quantitative.
- Effective verbal and written.
- Communication skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics, Management
Georgia (United States...
- Closing Date:14th Jul 2019, 6:00 pm