The Steam Power APAC FP&A Intern will be involved in multiple projects to support APAC FP&A team in improving visibility to the regional financial performance.
What you will do
1. One Financial Database
Support APAC FP&A to develop a finance database to track actual sales, cost, contribution margin, backlog, account receivables and cash.
- Connect multiple data source to ensure input accuracy
- Assign owners of each section in the One Financial Database
- Build an SOP to run the database to ensure sustainability
2. Structural Cost
Support APAC FP&A to improve visibility to base cost and other variable cost in APAC.
- Deep dive into prior quarter actual structural cost bullet train to find anomalies
- List down top vendors contributing to structural cost
- Reconcile APAC employee profit centers and cost centers to global list
3. Finance handbook
Provide visibility to finance team on systems access and stakeholders in day to day finance activities.
- Develop a list of system access needed to perform day to day activities in finance
- Provide a list of useful internal link (support central) and tools related to finance day to day rhythm.
- Develop a stakeholder mapping for each finance activity.
4. Other ad-hoc projects
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate in Business school/ finance/ accounting faculty
- Comfortable with excel
- Ability to work in projects and multiple people from different functions
- Willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Banking and Finance,...
- Closing Date:20th May 2019, 6:00 pm