At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles - the 4Hs - Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know the Team:
Grab Geo team is an established team with strong start-up spirit, responsible for mapping, routing, navigation, POI (point-of-interest), travel time estimation and tech inventions on IoT etc. The Analytics team is one of the functions in Geo, whose mission is to advance product innovation with data analytics and experimentation best practices.
If you are keen to solve complex problems such as how to improve the accuracy of time estimation, how to provide the most optimal route to travel, what is the best way to navigate, or participating in making a good map to serve South East Asia, here is your playground!
Your role is to guide a data-first approach to product thinking, design controlled experiments and be objective while evaluating results, all of this while working with stakeholders to evaluate new and innovative product and business ideas!
You will help developers, designers & product managers across the company with recommendations on how to learn from unexpected results, study underlying causes for them and iterate on the next set of products to build for our users.
Get to know the Role:
- Stakeholder management.
- Product development process and strategy.
- Leveraging data insights to help business decisions.
What You Will Do
The Day-to-Day Activities:
- Understand business objectives and deep dive into existing data to recommend new product ideas to solve for the most impactful customer problems.
- Use data to identify trends, spot anomalies and deep dive into their root causes.
- Hone your data storytelling skills through visualization techniques by building dashboards and presenting insights to a non-technical audience.
- Evaluate the feasibility of developing new products, participate in user researches to validate customer problems.
- Present regular analytical findings to the overall team and leadership.
- Design and own frontend and backend data specs for new products, while collaborating with engineering teams to ensure accurate and timely data collection.
- Develop and maintain data pipelines to fulfill product reporting requirements.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate and master student in Data Science, Analytics, Mathematics, Economics or any other quantitative field.
- Proficient in SQL / R / Python / Tableau / Power BI.
- Strong statistical knowledge, meticulous attitude towards data.
- Problem solver - ability to evaluate and design creative solutions for various tasks in a timely manner.
- Effective communicator - able to effectively communicate the analytical findings and convey clear messages.
- Job type:Internships
Data Science and Analytics, Economics, Mathematics
- Closing Date:19th Jul 2022, 6:00 pm