Start a career with purpose - GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
Do you have an interest in Production where you can develop your technical and troubleshooting skills?
If so, this is an exciting opportunity for you.
Train and Place is an initiative jointly supported by Workforce Singapore (WSG) and Singapore Polytechnic (SP) and is aimed at building a pipeline of skilled manpower for Singapore’s biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry in anticipation of hiring demand.
The training programme consists of a 3-month structured facilitated training conducted by SP, followed by 15 months of local attachment with GSK.
Due to the nature of this program, only Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Resident will be eligible to apply.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
What You Will Do
This position reports to the Production Manager or the Director of Value Stream and is an integral member of Production Management Team. GSK is committed to an employee-orientated, high-performance culture that emphasizes process automation, quality compliance and continuous improvement.
- To supervise, execute and monitor the activities within the value stream to ensure reliable and optimal operation of processes, equipment, utility and facility so as to achieve target production levels within the framework of current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), quality, safety, occupational hygiene and environment protection.
- Identify and implement improvement to plant facilities, processes, methods of operations and turnaround, troubleshoot for process and equipment problems to minimize safety and quality risk as well as to ensure greater operational efficiency.
- Lead or support quality or safety related investigation using appropriate problem-solving tool to determine the root causes and implement CAPA to prevent recurrence.
- Conducts audits and investigations, participate in audit preparation and complete identified actions in the assigned work area(s), in order to ensure compliance with GMP and safety requirements.
- Prepare documents relating to manufacturing, plant turnaround, Local Operating Instructions (LOI), Local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and training manual to ensure that updated documents exist to support the activities of the operations department, schedule plan orders, and materials assignment.
- Documentation should comply to Data Integrity requirements and adherence to ALCOA principles.
- Support the Production Manager in new product introduction or plant trials and prepare and complete all necessary documents related to plant trial within the stipulated timeline.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Foundational on-the-job training experience working in cGMP and key Global Supply API manufacturing site with state of art manufacturing facilities, including first in class Continuous Manufacturing facility.
- To train to be an advocate for Continuous Improvement, with introductory basics on Lean Sigma concepts, learn to apply independently and lead others to do the same.
- Team leadership through influence and communication.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Chemical Processing
- Closing Date:24th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm