Start a career with purpose - GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
Train and Place is an initiative jointly supported by Workforce Singapore (WSG) and Singapore Polytechnic (SP) and is aimed at building a pipeline of skilled manpower for Singapore’s biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry in anticipation of hiring demand.
The training programme consists of a 3-months structured facilitated training conducted by SP, followed by 15 months of local attachment with GSK.
To assist the Technical Development Manager in the delivery of team/department objectives, in the following areas:
Process engineering input, including design and evaluation are effectively, efficiently, compliantly and safely applied to projects. Commissioning and validation support. Process operation and equipment troubleshooting and optimization.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible.
Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
What You Will Do
- Troubleshoot plant / equipment issues and undertake activities to optimize plant operations to deliver robust and efficient processes/plant operations.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of New Product Introduction / Capex projects including Site Impact Assessment, equipment design and selection, process safety assessments (e.g., HAZOP, SIL), commissioning and validation.
- Undertake new technology development work to deliver process improvement including those related to sustainability, continuous manufacture, and Process Analytical Technology.
- Ensure that operations are in full compliance with cGMP, EHS and other regulatory requirements.
- Lead in the implementation of particle engineering initiatives and ensure that execution adheres to plan.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor/Masters in Chemical Engineering.
- Good equipment and plant design skills.
- Good process troubleshooting / optimization skills.
- Good communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good process and plant operations knowledge.
- Pro-active and willingness to learn.
- Responsiveness and resourcefulness.
- Knowledge of HAZOP principles.
- Knowledge of Quality by Design.
- Knowledge of process control and automation.
- Knowledge of project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Basic understanding in statistics.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Chemical Processing
- Closing Date:11th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm