Hamilton Lane is looking to expand their team to satisfy the needs of our growing client base. Hamilton Lane is built on collaboration, teamwork and integrity. Our employees pursue excellence and always strive to do the right thing. We invest in our employees, clients and partner relationships, as well as, in the technology and resources necessary to remain competitive, working in a competitive environment that inspires innovation.
The Hamilton Lane Analyst Development Program is a professional development program which begins with class-based intensive training at our Philadelphia headquarters. Analysts work across three teams (Fund Investments, Secondary Investments and Co-investments) in a role which progressively grows in responsibility and accountability over the three-year period.
Analyst roles are challenging. They are held to high standards and evaluated and coached regularly. Once they have successfully completed the initial three-year assignment, participants may:
- Use the professional network and relationships created during the program to transition their career to at another firm within the asset class.
- Continue their education.
- Be offered the opportunity to stay at Hamilton Lane on an Associate track.
Successful candidates are interested in institutional asset management, they have demonstrated excellence in their studies, activities and internships; they are intellectually curious, analytical, progressive, creative thinkers; they are energised by working in a team based environment; and they are exceptional communicators.
What You Will Do
The Investment team identifies and reviews private equity primary, secondary and co-investment investment opportunities. Investment team members conduct due diligence, screen new investment opportunities and contribute to private equity research reports. They are exposed to the world’s best private equity managers.
As a First Year Investment Analyst, you will begin to develop the skills to assess private equity investment opportunities. You will receive exposure to private equity asset managers, called General Partners, by analysing their marketing materials, participating in in-house meetings and site visits to their offices.
In addition to working on special projects and other company initiatives, first year Investment Analysts:
- Perform the initial review and formulate the initial recommendation of private equity investment opportunities on a global basis.
- Meet General Partners and perform in depth due diligence in order to arrive at a final recommendation on the opportunity.
- Monitor portfolios and generate written reports on Hamilton Lane’s current investments through update meetings, quarterly calls and annual meetings.
Second Year Investment Analysts continue to build on the skills attained in their first year however, as investment acumen develops; they take on more supervisory responsibilities. They oversee and review the work of first year analysts, and are expected to participate in a more sophisticated way on deal teams.
In their Third Year, Investment Analysts have developed their competencies, professionalism and investment acumen to the point where they take on a more experienced role on deal teams. They typically produce less individual work product but are expected to contribute at a higher level providing more insight into investment recommendations. They acquire excellent knowledge of the market and can differentiate easily and with confidence between investment opportunities. In addition, they contribute to the hiring, training and mentoring of less experienced analysts.
Required Skills and Abilities
To be considered for Hamilton Lane’s Analyst Development Program, we require:
- Education - 3.25 or higher overall GPA from a top university.
- Discipline - We are interested in applicants who have demonstrated excellence in their chosen subjects, have strong analytical talent, and are keenly interested in investments. We will consider all subjects for our program; however the following are preferred - Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance and Physics.
- Language - Fluent in English & Mandarin, additional languages preferred.
We are particularly interested in candidates who have demonstrated:
- On-Campus Leadership - In clubs, sports, community service, etc.
- Success in Professional Level Internships - With references to illustrate that success.
- Language Skills - Additional spoken and written languages.
- Technical Skills - Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:10th Jun 2020, 6:00 pm