Functional Trainee - Global Trade and Receivables Finance, Commercial Banking
A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-caliber talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Commercial Banking – Global Trade & Receivables Finance
Hang Seng’s Commercial Banking business provides customized one-stop financial solutions to our corporate customers, from prime small and medium-sized businesses to publicly listed companies.
For customers conducting business locally or around the world, we offer a comprehensive range of services including corporate lending, trade and receivables finance, structured loan, cash management, investment, treasury services, insurance and e-Banking services. As a reliable financial partner, we attend to the specific business needs of our customers and provide efficient tailor-made banking solutions through our relationship managers and dedicated specialists.
We are currently seeking high caliber professionals to join our department as Functional Trainee (“FT”). Upon completion of this 18 to 24 months program, the Functional Trainee will be developed as a competent Trade Finance Expert in one of the GTRF key areas including sales and client management, transaction and client services, risk management, business management, product development, project management, etc., who will be able to deliver professional trade services and strengthen HASE position in the trade finance market.
Our employees are the most valuable resources in the bank. We are committed to provide you with the optimal workplace experience. Here is a taste of what we have on offer:
- Attractive basic salary
- Healthcare insurance coverage
- Retirement benefit scheme with employer’s contribution
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Work-life balance: 18 days paid annual leave plus other categories of leave entitlements e.g. birthday, marriage, maternity and paternity, study, volunteer work
- Preferential interest rate for staff housing loan of up to 100% of property valuation or purchase price
- Recognizable corporate training and development program
- Support for acquiring any required job related licenses
- Progressive career advancement opportunities
- Go through structured and fast-track program to learn and develop related job knowledge and experience
- Receive comprehensive training on business, products and services with senior management mentorship
- Through on-the-job training in various GTRF functions during the program, you will gain the following all-rounded professional knowledge in banking and various GTRF key areas, and get ready to be a competent expert in one of the GTRF functions upon program completion:
- Execute Trade and Receivables Finance transactions to the highest standards and efficiency, respond to customer services queries in a timely manner
- Promote and acquire business on various trade products / services, campaigns and designated bank services from existing and potential customers
- Prepare risk management reports, risk monitoring or control testing activities, debtor collection, debt validation, facility documentation preparation etc.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and assignment as required, for example process improvement, system enhancement, product development, business management initiatives.
- Execute all operational and control guidelines/procedures with full compliance
- Fresh university graduates, or degree holder with 1-2 years of working experience
- Strong interest to develop a career in global trade and receivables finance
- Good communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong self-motivation, detail-minded and ability to work under pressure
- High proficiency in both English and Chinese
- Strong PC user with good MS Office or Excel skills
- High level of customer centricity mindset with dedication to deliver exceptional quality services for customers
Visit Hang Seng Career Page and sign up with our Talent Community to receive the latest information about our career opportunities in Hang Seng Hong Kong.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture,...
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:10th Feb 2023, 3:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.