Financial Restructuring Group
Houlihan Lokey has the largest, most experienced worldwide financial restructuring practice of any investment banking firm, with approximately 160 professionals in offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia. In 2015, we worked on over 150 restructuring-related transactions on behalf of companies, their creditors and shareholders, and other constituents. Over the past decade, Houlihan Lokey has advised on over 1,000 restructuring transactions, with aggregate debt claims in excess of $1.5 trillion.
Our group employs an interdisciplinary approach to engagements and is accustomed to evaluating complex, highly leveraged situations in short time frames. We are also a recognized leader in achieving merger and acquisition transactions for distressed companies.
What you will do
The financial restructuring group in Asia is expanding and we are looking for a Summer Associate to be based in our Singapore office. Summer Associates have exposure to a variety of transactions within the group, including debtor- and creditor-side restructurings and distressed mergers and acquisitions. The group offers a unique opportunity for Summer Associates to work on projects that provide exposure to a wide variety of financial advisory and investment banking products and industries. These services include:
- Advising companies and stakeholders in out-of-court and in-court restructurings
- Debt and equity financing
- Distressed M&A advisory services
- Special-situation principal investing
- Participating in complex negotiations on behalf of our clients
Summer Associates are typically members of deal teams comprising at least one managing director, vice president, associate, and financial analyst. Summer Associates are expected to take an active role in managing projects, which involves working closely with experienced team members, liaising with clients and managing financial analysts.
Required Skills and Abilities
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is results-driven and entrepreneurial and, as such, rewards top performers with substantial responsibility and interaction with experienced professionals and clients.
The following qualifications are required:
- Possess or on track to receive an MBA from a top-tier business school or equivalent degree from a top-tier graduate program
- 2+ years of experience in either investment banking, financial restructuring or institutional investing
- Thorough knowledge of (i) corporate credit research and analysis, and (ii) valuation theory, methodologies and applications
- Strong financial and analytical skills, which includes LBO and DCF financial modelling
- A demonstrated interest in financial restructuring
- Proven written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Undergraduate degree with academic distinction
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- An exceptionally strong work ethic
You must be motivated and have the ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff in a rapidly changing, demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment. International experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Banking and Finance
- Closing Date:23rd Nov 2018, 6:00 pm