We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- Blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things.
- 3D printing.
- Multi-function printing.
- Ink in the office.
- Tablets, phablets, notebooks.
- Mobile workstations.
What a College Intern – Electronic Electrical Engineering does at HP:
Be part of a R&D team and play a role and take part in an off-cycle project that will influence / dictate the next generation platform of HP Inkjet Printer Connectivity Solution (WIFI). Learn & explore industry latest simulation software – Ansys HFSS (High-Frequency Structure Simulator) SBR (Shooting and Bouncing Ray) to accomplish this scope.
Explore feasibility of Using Ansys HFSS SBR+ to model Indoor Propagation of Wi-Fi Signals.
Ansys HFSS is a software that aids in the design of antennas and other high frequency components by simulating electromagnetic fields in 3D.
It is desired that practical methods to simulate indoor Wi-Fi signal propagation be developed where the size of the environment is very large when compared to the size of the antenna. The typical problem in such a scenario will be the computational resources and time required for such simulation when using traditional methods.
What You Will Do
- Explore and document methods to make use of Shooting Bouncing Ray tool in Ansys HFSS (SBR+) to simulate Wi-Fi propagation in average home /office environment.
- Create a model that covers home/office up to 30m in length and width, with partition walls of various building materials.
- The model should be suitable for practical use, not taking more than 2 days to complete the simulation.
- Compare effectiveness of model by comparing signal strength against actual measurements.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing Degree/ Master’s in Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- Able to commit to a 5-6 Month Full Time Internship.
- Basic knowledge of electromagnetic fields, especially at the expected behavior at frequencies of 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
- Ability and passion for self-learning, keen to take initiative, inquisitive mindset.
- Experience with Ansys HFSS will be a plus.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Electrical
- Closing Date:4th Feb 2022, 6:00 pm