HP Engineering entails utilizing established engineering disciplines to test and safeguard the manufacturing standards for new and existing HP products. Working with internal stakeholders and outsourced development partners, you will develop and execute solutions to resolve any existing issues, ensuring that our operating processes are cost-effective and uphold the highest quality.
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you! SEASCAPE System Interaction Engineer (SIE Engineer).
The purpose of the SIE Engineer position is to be able to provide focus to the end customer experience in partnership with the printer divisions. SIEs work the interface between the Singapore factory Product Engineers, the Printer HW Operations, and Printer Support Engineering as well as the NPI team in Corvallis. This position would toggle between these areas of focus depending on the program development cycles.
Two primary objectives are:
- Be the voice of the customer throughout the NPI stage of both the printer and pen/supply.
- Resolve customer issues throughout the product life cycle, ensuring a robust solution is implemented to minimize customer issues.
What you will do
- Support the both the internal printer teams as well as the outsource manufacturers.
- Monitor print bar/supply performance at the printer manufacturing factory and respond to any issues.
- Apply excellent system knowledge and troubleshooting skills to understand root cause of complicated system interaction challenges and issues.
- Drive improvement cycles on behalf of the customer and overall customer experience.
- Collaborate with product design teams, providing input into product features impacting short & long-term customer experience.
- Gather and understand system requirements from product design teams.
- Drive solutions to issues to resolution. This may include leading teams and task forces across a broad organizational team to ensure products delivered to the end customer are robust.
- Develop test methods & perform testing to understand product performance at the system interaction level.
- Partner with the R&D, printer divisions, and full-factory Process Engineering to ensure robust product design during the development phase.
- Specify the product parameters, both pen/supply and printer, to ensure robust performance.
- Support the WW Launch of the new products.
- Interface effectively with a wide range of internal and external partners, including R&D teams, WW tooling & process teams, external vendors.
- Engage in collaborative, fast-paced, team work environment.
- Be willing to travel.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics or equivalent discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills. English required. Chinese is beneficial.
- Ability to effectively inform and persuade peers and managers.
- General scientific and engineering skills (physics, materials, fluid and thermodynamics, motion control).
- Analytical skills (Design Of Experiments, Statistical analysis, modeling).
- Strong creativity and problem-solving ability to research technical issues and generate creative/innovative solutions.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team; extended team members will be a combination of local, remote & contracted.
- Good project planning and management skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Mechanical, Engineering...
- Closing Date:16th Jul 2019, 6:00 pm