HP Engineering entails utilizing established engineering disciplines to test and safeguard the manufacturing standards for new and existing HP products. Working with internal stakeholders and outsourced development partners, you will develop and execute solutions to resolve any existing issues, ensuring that our operating processes are cost-effective and uphold the highest quality.
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Firing Systems - Test Tooling Applications Engineer
This is an entry level position with HP Inkjet Drive Systems and Pipeline Platforms team. This team is responsible for developing and supporting test systems used to drive HP inkjet print heads in both R&D and manufacturing test environments.
In this role you will serve as an Applications Engineer, helping to specify, qualify, and maintain pen test solutions and serving as a pen test subject matter expert in support of both R&D and manufacturing activities. This position requires a versatile hands-on engineer, strong in system-thinking skills who enjoys solving problems. The position is based in Singapore.
What you will do
Primary responsibilities fall into three main areas-
Firing Systems Applications
- Requires gaining deep knowledge of capabilities, limitations, and sensitivities of Inkjet Pen Firing Systems HW and SW.
- Ability to setup and configure a test system developed by HP for most any pen type.
- Ability to inspect and detect issues with installed test systems. Debug on a board level is a requirement, but not necessarily on a PCB component level.
- Track failures and incidents and report back to test systems team.
- Suggest improvements to existing test platform. Identify needs.
- Be an advocate for use of Firing System innovations and best practices. Encourage use of Golden Pens to ensure calibrated energy delivery. Help improve and evolve Golden Pen capabilities and identify extensions.
- Feed Driver PCB design requirements to US West Coast team. Be a leader in generating list of requirements and involved in design reviews. The intention is to avoid some of the issues we have faced in the past because we didn’t have needed insight into how our systems were used in SGP. Examples are tool ME interference, external door sensors, LED orientation, ranges and bandwidth of manufacturing line instrumentation.
- Be the test system go-to-person with an ownership-to-resolution mindset.
- Be the link between new SGP based development and the US West Coast team. Help identify tooling needs and track development, delivery, and qualification.
- Requires developing deep understanding of TIJ characterization tools and test beds.
- Become an expect in Firing Systems-Tooling integration, ensuring that encoders and Top-of-Form sensors are well selected and properly interfaced and that other issues such as grounding and cable routing are optimized.
- Become the go-to person for Tooling Software issues. Lead efforts to isolate issues (determining if issue is related to application SW, Firing Systems SW, or HW) and feed information to appropriate teams based in US and India.
- Keep track of qualification of application releases.
Required Skills and Abilities
Education and Experience Required:
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Experience working with one or more of the following:
- Embedded systems
- Software or firmware development
- Test solutions development
- Comfortable reading and understanding schematics (analog and digital).
- Ability to use logic analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing good signal integrity design practices.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills in an agile and distributed team.
- Data driven problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of inkjet and print head performance parameters.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Software
- Closing Date:10th Jun 2019, 6:00 pm