Whether you’ve studied a social sciences or computer sciences degree, at HSBC we’re looking for individuals who have the right skills and motivation to learn about the world of international finance. Our Global Asset Management Graduate Programme will give you the freedom and flexibility to discover the right route for you, within either our Sales or Investments stream.
On this competitively paid two-year graduate programme, you will complete four rotations, each lasting six months, to build your knowledge of either our Sales or Investment practice within Global Asset Management.
What You Can Expect:
In our Global Asset Management business, we develop and look after investment management products and services for international clients – from individual retail customers and major multinational enterprises through to sovereign wealth funds and financial institutions. Through this programme, you will see how we collaborate with different areas of the bank to meet the needs of our clients.
You’ll gain an insight into HSBC’s long history, in either the UK or Hong Kong. You will have the opportunity to explore a number of areas within Global Asset Management, learning from experts who understand our broad client base and know our products, services and capabilities. We will also introduce you to people of all cultures and backgrounds, support you in serving international clients and guide you in becoming a future leader at HSBC.
What This Can Lead To:
If you excel here, you can go into:
- A specialist role, where you’ll help develop our investment capability.
- A customer-facing role within one of our distribution channels.
- A role in developing our product and client strategies.
- From there, you will have the opportunity to develop your capabilities and grow your career in the direction which is right for you, including progression to a management or leadership position over time.
What You Will Do
By completing rotations across Global Asset Management within either our Sales or Investments stream, you will gain valuable insights into our processes, client approaches, design strategy, product trends and international impact. During your rotations you will discover the importance we place on protecting the interests of our clients.
For those joining our Investments stream, you will develop your analytical skills, be it with micro company-specific analysis or macro top-down research. Intellectual curiosity and problem-solving are key, as you will gather, assess and interpret financial information.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You will have obtained or will be working towards a 3.2/4.0 or 4.0/5.0 cumulative GPA or the equivalent of a 2.1 from a recognized University (as appears on your official University transcript or degree certificate).
- Be fluent in English, however knowledge of Mandarin and/or Cantonese would be an advantage.
We are looking for curious and dedicated people who are:
- Strategic leaders - Being able to lead a team in a risk-managed, strategic manner is important for ensuring our business meets client needs and we promote the best investment solutions. You should be motivated by the opportunity to provide better ways of working for our clients.
- Business-minded team players - You will communicate with peers and clients every single day, so it is important to bring an empathic, yet professional attitude to your work. Showing that you have a thorough understanding of our business needs is important in giving our clients confidence in your advice and service.
- Opportunity takers - We are an international company that offers opportunities to driven, courageous people. Taking the chance to deliver more effective projects or learn from leaders will show that you’ve got the motivation to succeed in our Global Asset Management business.
- Versatile learners - Being able to interpret the needs of our clients and adapt to new environments is necessary in solving investment, product and business challenges. Collaborating with various teams is a valued quality and you should be passionate about what you can achieve together.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:1st Dec 2020, 6:00 pm