Transformation Services is responsible for delivering change and enabling the businesses within Global Banking & Markets and Commercial Banking to meet the changing needs of customers and regulators. We provide skilled resources to manage that change to ensure that key outcomes are delivered. Transformation Services strives to deliver the most efficient cost of change.
This graduate programme is for individuals who are interested in developing into a change management professional. You will help design and transform our Global Banking & Markets and Commercial Banking business model in response to the dynamic forces of the global economy, building a successful global business for the future.
Our Transformation Services team partners with all areas of Global Banking and Markets (Global Banking, Markets Securities Services and Global Liquidity and Cash Management) and Commercial Banking. Transformation Services is an integral part of the COO (Chief Operating Office) function within Global Banking & Markets and Commercial Banking. We bring together transformation, knowledge management, research and insight, innovation, business architecture & design capabilities with the existing Transformation execution teams, working alongside our partners in IT to deliver business outcomes.
We connect strategy to action; delivering value through deep institutional knowledge, intelligent design and delivery of end-to-end solutions. We leverage digital capabilities and implement innovative technologies, supported by an on-demand resource model. Our rotational graduate programme opens a world of opportunities that will provide you a breadth of experience at a global scale, while providing you the training and development to equip you with the appropriate skills to progress your career.
What This Can Lead To:
Your rotations on the graduate programme will help you determine where in our business your skills and passions fit best once the programme has ended. Whether you choose a career in business analysis or specialise with Agile methodologies leading to a project management career, you will have support along the way to help you develop your career at HSBC.
What You Will Do
During your programme induction and initial training, you will receive in-depth learning about the different areas within Global Banking & Markets and Commercial Banking before embarking on a series of rotations.
Working as part of a team, you will apply your analytical skills across various situations. This could include understanding root cause analysis for business problems, defining business outcomes and associated routes to achieving them, as well as driving change. Rotations exist across Transformation Partners (project management / business analysis), Business Design & Architecture, Business Process Reengineering, Innovation and the Chief Data Office.
You will collaborate with leaders and colleagues to create and implement quantitative and qualitative solutions using different analytical principles to serve both our internal and external clients. The results of your work will help drive the design and implementation of high priority programmes and initiatives.
Further to this, you may explore rotations in the data management part of the bank which underpins everything we do, before experiencing some of our innovative capabilities.
Required Skills and Abilities
Transformation Services is looking for highly adaptable, driven, creative individuals with strong communication and analytical skills to join the team and help shape the future of Global Banking & Markets and Commercial Banking.
- You will have obtained or will be working towards a 3.2/4.0 or 4.0/5.0 cumulative GPA or the equivalent of a 2.1 from a recognized University (as appears on your official University transcript or degree certificate).
- Be fluent in English, however knowledge of Mandarin and/or Cantonese would be an advantage.
We are looking for dedicated, collaborative and motivated people who are:
- Agile workers - You will work in a fast-paced environment where everything evolves very quickly. You’ll maintain momentum by promoting agile working and ensuring we constantly deliver for our clients.
- Analytical thinkers - You’ll need a good eye for detail, a creative mind for analyzing trends, and the courage to adopt new analytical methods.
- Team players - We collaborate by listening to new ideas, as well as voicing our own, in order to deliver and develop the best service for our clients.
- Keen problem solvers - Ability to see the wood for the trees, synthesize new information and make sensible assumptions to enable a path forward.
- Map makers not map readers - Able to recognize where new and emerging techniques may be applicable to traditional industries.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:1st Dec 2020, 6:00 pm