Whether your degree relates to finance, science or the arts there is a place for you on our Global Banking Graduate Programme. Your skills and fresh ideas will help you establish an exciting career in an Investment Banking or Coverage Relationship Management role.
On our competitively paid two-year rotational graduate programme, you will work towards a successful career in either Investment Banking or Coverage Relationship Management.
What you can expect
Our Global Banking business is one of the largest investment banking businesses of its kind. We offer 24-hour coverage of local markets and provide a full range of banking services to our clients. You can expect to work on exciting projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and interact with clients and colleagues from around the world. Whether you choose Investment Banking or Coverage Relationship Management, you can explore innovative solutions for our clients. Global Banking manages HSBC’s largest clients and delivers comprehensive solutions to complex strategic and capital market challenges. You will trade ideas and strategies, and interact with a broad range of clients, from multinational corporates to private equity firms. It’s a career choice that requires dedication, but one that will give you many rewards in return.
What you will do
You will stretch your own capabilities, challenge the status quo, strive to take your learning to the next level and improve services for our clients. Completing a number of rotations throughout your two-year programme, you will gain a good sense of where your skills fit best. You will choose to complete these rotations in Investment Banking or Coverage Relationship Management, or both, gaining an in-depth understanding of how we work. In Investment Banking, you have the opportunity to help satisfy the needs of our large corporate, financial and public-sector clients by offering financial and advisory services. You will guide them towards future growth and support the development of their operations. Each rotation will focus on your individual development to ensure you gain a broad range of technical and transferable skills. You may be responsible for financial statement analysis, developing valuation models or preparing client pitches. It’s a fast-paced environment that requires a commitment to excellence and an international outlook. Whether you are involved in Debt Capital Markets, M&A, Advisory or Real Estate Finance amongst others, Global Banking offers the opportunity for you to make your mark.
In Coverage Relationship Management, you will represent HSBC for some of our largest clients. Our relationship managers and product specialists work to create innovative business solutions for these clients and, with their support, you will also learn to build trusted relationships and deliver a bespoke service.
Required Skills and Abilities
Who does this suit?
We are looking for dedicated and curious people who are:
- Passionate role models. Being able to inspire, lead, manage and listen to both individuals and teams is important in building relationships that encourage mutual respect. Looking to the future for our clients is what keeps us ahead of our competition
- Dedicated multi-taskers. You might be working on several projects at any one time, meaning you should prioritise and manage your time, while keeping on top of constantly changing markets. Adhering to the rules and regulations we have will ensure you deliver the right results for multiple projects
- Supportive team players. Team work is an important part of our business, and your development. Having a collaborative attitude will help you to solve problems quickly and start to build a network of peers who are there to support you, and be supported too
- Opportunity takers. We are an international company that can offer opportunities to motivated, courageous people. Taking the chance to do a rotation in a new area, or taking on a challenging project will not only be rewarding but will also show that you have the power to explore your interests and drive your career growth
What can this lead to?
If you succeed here, you could continue the work you’re doing in Investment Banking or Coverage Relationship Management, where you’ll have the chance to take your career in a number of directions. From taking on international opportunities to working across multiple products and geographies, while feeding your curiosity and developing an understanding of how we can best serve our clients.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
- Closing Date:22nd Oct 2018, 6:00 pm