The IBM Consulting Associate Program
IBM Consulting Associate is our world-class program designed to develop top, entry-level consultants into tomorrow’s leaders. By providing a variety of project and role experiences, and deep skills development opportunities, our consultants are prepared to launch and accelerate their careers successfully. The program seeks the best and brightest from all walks of life – from business to engineering; communications to computer science; analytics to application development and everything in between.
As a Technology Consultant, you will help design, develop, and integrate solutions using best practice technologies, tools, techniques, and products our clients demand today. With your strong technical capabilities you will help to reinvent the digital world of the future; designing and building creative customer experiences; using real-time analytics and cloud technologies; infusing cognition into our clients’ enterprises; building mobile and web apps.
As part of the next generation of Technology Consultants you will become one of IBM’s technology leaders: Solution Architects, Technical Business Analysts, IT Project Managers, Cognitive Architects, Technical Programme Managers, Digital Specialists, Senior Developers, Distinguished Engineers and Cloud Leaders.
You’ll grow a strong set of consulting and technical skills working alongside some of the world’s leading technology experts in Digital, Cognitive and Cloud, learning from their experience as you take on increasing challenges and responsibilities; all of which provides opportunity for strong career growth.
Project roles may include:
- Cloud Application Consultant
- Data Scientist
- Oracle / SAP / Workday / SalesForce Consultant
- Full Stack Developer
- Experience Platform and Mobile Developer
- Blockchain Developer
What we look for
So now you know the process, what are we actually looking for?
- Graduate in Computer Science or other IT related programme with less than 2 years of full-time working experience.
- Adaptability - How do you cope with changing demands and stress? Are you flexible? Have you successfully completed several projects with competing deadlines?
- Communication - Do you present information clearly, precisely and succinctly? Adapt the way you communicate to your audience? And listen to others?
- Client Focus - Can you see a situation from a client’s viewpoint, whether that’s colleagues or customers? Can you anticipate their needs?
- Creative Problem Solving - Do you use ingenuity, supported by logical methods and analysis, to propose solutions? Can you anticipate problems? Do you put forward innovative ideas?
- Drive - Will you proactively learn new skills – even if they’re beyond the scope of your current job? Will you put in the time and energy needed to achieve results?
- Teamwork - How do you work with others to achieve shared goals? Do you easily build relationships with others? Are you a team player?
- Passion for IBM - Do you know what IBM does and what our most recent achievements are? Are you up to speed with the latest trends in our industry? What are the biggest challenges we face? (You’ll need the facts at your fingertips and the enthusiasm to match.)
- Taking Ownership - Do you take responsibility for tasks/decisions? And implement decisions with speed? Can you show when you’ve worked to correct your mistakes?
How you would benefit
Throughout the program you will benefit from:
- Continuous on-the-job learning
- Mentorship from your trainee manager and local mentor
- An educational plan with classroom and virtual courses designed to accelerate your career
- Expertise within both the Business and Technology specialisms – regardless of which programme you join
- Ultimately carving your own career path based on your talents and aspirations
Applicants are required to complete the on-line application and upload all the required documents in ONE PDF file to our website on or before the application. The following are the required documents:
- Covering Letter
- Resume with full details, including valid e-mail address and mobile number;
- Academic transcripts copies (e.g. Bachelor and/or Master Degree transcripts indicating the CGPA score);
- HKDSE certificate copies (for local students in HK only);
- Reference letter & other supporting documents (if applicable).
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:26th Feb 2021, 3:59 pm