The world of banking is changing faster than ever. That’s why we at ING are always broadening our horizons. Our people have a forward-thinking mentality, a strong can-do spirit and enjoy working in an agile environment.
ING Wholesale Banking Asia:
ING Bank in Asia is part of ING Bank covering Wholesale, Retail and Direct Banking in Asia Pacific. Globally, ING Wholesale Banking has an international network in 40 countries with key positions in structured Finance and Financial Markets.
ING Wholesale Banking is present and active in 14 major economies in the Asia Pacific, namely Australia, China, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Mongolia, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. ING’s presence in Asia also includes a 13% stake in Bank of Beijing, China; a 3.74% stake in Kotak Mahindra Bank, India; a 30.0% stake in TMB Bank, Thailand; and a 100% stake in ING Direct in Australia.
ING's Capital Structuring & Advisory team ("CS&A") is looking to hire an Intern to cover corporate finance transactions across Asia Pacific, out of its Hong Kong team.
CS&A fulfils a central advisory role in the origination, structuring and execution of event driven, transformational, complex and multi-product financing solutions as part of ING’s Strategic Product Group which comprises of M&A, Capital Markets and Structured / Leveraged Financing functions. In addition, the team also provides capital structure and strategic advisory on fundraising options to ING's highest tier of Asian clients across all sectors, working alongside with relationship managers and the various product teams to structure, originate, execute and implement an optimal capital structure.
Transformational situations include merger and acquisitions, major refinancing, balance sheet restructurings, take-over defense situations, pre-IPO and post-IPO financings and strategic capital investments. These types of dynamic situations often require a swift response and a strong sense for the inherent sensitivities of all stakeholders.
An enthusiastic and highly driven local team focusing on ING's Asian client base, which is part of a global platform of c. 50 professionals in Europe (such as Amsterdam, Brussels, Frankfurt, Paris, Istanbul, Moscow and Madrid), Singapore, and Hong Kong. The team is involved in high profile deals with significant internal and public exposure.
Given the size of the team you will quickly be given the opportunity to grow and develop by taking ownership of parts of the different client projects.
What You Will Do
- Preparing complex financial models.
- Doing industry, (implied) rating profile and peer group analysis.
- Preparing pitch books regarding integrated debt, equity financing solutions and valuation.
- Assisting in financial analysis and contributing to credit applications for leveraged or structured financing transactions.
- Assisting and analyzing due diligence information and reviewing transaction documentation.
- Contributing to execution across all afore-mentioned transactions and / or products.
- Engaged with other departments/disciplines, such as Corporate Clients, Risk Management, Corporate Finance, Syndications, DCM, Financial Markets etc.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Full time university students in Banking, Finance, Economics, Financial Engineering, or relevant disciplines may apply.
- Good academic grades.
- Fluent in English and preferably also in Mandarin given a large client base in Greater China.
- Relevant experience in corporate finance, banking and finance roles, or from the accounting firms, would be an added advantage.
- Financial and modelling skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- True team player with ability to work independently and proactively.
- Accuracy and high-quality orientation.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Economics, Engineering
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:15th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm