The Ingredion Supply Chain team is looking for highly motivated and dynamic college student to join the organization for an internship for the summer of 2020.
As a Supply Chain Intern focusing on Sales and Operations Planning at Ingredion, you will have the opportunity to work with experienced management to support the overarching strategy using continuous improvement standard methodologies to control cost, improve service levels, collaborate with the sales organization and ensure that complete customer happiness is met. Our Supply Chain internship program will require you to support various projects and initiatives, all while working with Ingredion Supply Chain professionals from our manufacturing plants, distribution, customer service and sales teams.
What You Will Do
- Understanding of larger strategies and how they are operationally executed.
- Planning, supporting and developing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Working with the management team to codify and institutionalize standard methodologies within the S&OP groups.
- Performing 1 or more projects in assigned area.
- Leading a project from the implementing to recommending phase.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to function well as a team member or independently.
- Assist in maintaining KPI (Key Performance Indicator) reports.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Progress towards a bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Logistics, Finance, Economics, Business, Data Analytics or related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 preferred.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, 3rd year student or non-graduating 4th year student..
- Have a strong initiative to improve status-quo and pursue change in a dynamic work environment.
- Are a self-starter with the ability to be productive independently and support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have the ability to listen and understand a process before recommending improvements.
- Demonstrate capacity to tackle problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks.
- Strong business insight and continuous improvement mindset.
- Proficiency in managing data within Excel or similar databases.
- Superb attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with data visualization tools (i.e. Power BI, Tableau) preferred.
- Ability to work 40 hrs per week during the summer internship term.
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
United States (United...
- Closing Date:26th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm