6-month Intern, Group Wide Supervision (H2 2022 and H1 2023)
The role is to provide support in completing various research assignments or data analysis projects related to internationally active insurance groups.
As an intern in the group wide supervision team, you will be mentored by experienced financial services professionals from different background (e.g. accounting, actuarial, legal, public administration, etc.). You can gain international business and regulatory insights through various assignments and have the opportunity to interact with overseas regulators, C-suite executives and global veterans of the industry.
Our internship program gives you on-the-job training and unique exposure to insurance sector from both business and supervision perspectives. This is an excellent opportunity for you to learn about yourself and explore potential careers in the insurance industry. You can make a difference and jump start your career as a professional in both private and public sectors.
Interns with outstanding performance will have advantages if they apply for permanent positions (e.g. Management Trainee) in the future.
- Conduct market analysis and prepare reports or presentation slides for topics related to the insurance sector in the Asia-Pacific region. For example, insurance market landscape review
- Conduct research on international insurance regulations and supervisory approaches
- Assist in analyzing the financial reports, business performance, strategy, capital plans, major acquisitions, control framework or risks of internationally active insurance groups based in Hong Kong
- Provide secretarial support and organize events (e.g. industry forums, regulatory dialogues, etc.) with international participants
- Undergraduate students (Year 3 or Year 4) or Postgraduate students majoring in Global Business, Risk Management, Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related discipline
- A self-starter, adaptive, eager to learn with can-do attitude
- Good problem-solving, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in a team collaborative environment under pressure
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluent in Putonghua or other Asian Languages is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Internship period is negotiable. Open to part-time intern with work commitment of least 3 days per week with flexible working hours
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Review of the applications will start as soon as possible and continue until the post is filled. Interested applicants may apply online by sending a letter of application together with a full resume stating public examination results, as well as university transcripts by clicking "I'm interested".
Applications with incomplete information may not be processed further.
The Insurance Authority is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants not invited for an interview within 2 months from the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful. Applications may be considered for other suitable positions within IA. All applications will be handled in strict confidence and the information collected will only be used for recruitment purposes. All information on non-shortlisted applicants will be destroyed after 6 months from the close of applications.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture,...
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:9th Jul 2022, 3:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.