The role is to provide support in completing various data analysis assignments or projects related to long-term insurers or insurance groups.
As an intern in the life insurance data analytics team, you will be mentored by experienced professionals in insurance, actuarial and data analytics. You can gain valuable hands-on experience to translate your classroom knowledge into a strong business foundation and gain business/industry insight through various data assignments.
Our internship program gives you exposure to the recent development of the Hong Kong insurance industry, and access to leaders of the industry. This is an excellent opportunity for you to learn about yourself and explore potential careers in the insurance industry. You can make a difference and jump start your career as a data analyst in both private and public sectors.
Interns with outstanding performance will have advantages if they apply for permanent positions (e.g. Management Trainee) in the future.
- Consolidate and compile market statistics, financial or other data (e.g. financial statements, sensitivities and stress testing results, product statistics, etc.) collected from insurers or insurance groups
- Assist in conducting financial and statistical analysis. Identify and analyze trends, transform data collected from the industry into meaningful conclusions and recommendations for decision and policy development
- Prepare report and documentation to visualize data in a meaningful, accessible, and understandable way for managers
- Assist in designing and preparing data input, consolidation, and analysis template to automate manual processes
- Prepare process/workflow documentation and maintain clear audit trail
- Undergraduate students (Year 3 or Year 4) majoring in Actuarial Science, Risk Management, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Quantitative Finance, Information Systems, or related discipline with strong statistics background
- A self-starter, adaptive, eager to learn with can-do attitude
- Good problem-solving, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in a team collaborative environment under pressure
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint). Knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications or other computer programming language is a strong advantage
- Internship period is negotiable. Open to part-time intern with work commitment of least 3 days per week with flexible working hours
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Review of the applications will start as soon as possible and continue until the post is filled. Interested applicants may apply online by sending a letter of application together with a full resume stating public examination results, as well as university transcripts by clicking "I'm interested".
Applications with incomplete information may not be processed further.
The Insurance Authority is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants not invited for an interview within 2 months from the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful. Applications may be considered for other suitable positions within IA. All applications will be handled in strict confidence and the information collected will only be used for recruitment purposes. All information on non-shortlisted applicants will be destroyed after 6 months from the close of applications.
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:9th Jul 2022, 3:59 pm