About the Position
We are big believers in functional programming, using OCaml, a statically-typed functional programming language, as our primary development language. We also believe in the value of open source software, using it in our daily work and releasing hundreds of thousands of lines of our own code as open source.
Interns are given the opportunity to engage in software and research projects that have real and lasting impact and work on at least two projects in different areas, collaborating closely with full time developers.
All of our offices follow a slightly different internship schedule, but no matter where you’re based we will always do our best to work around your academic commitments.
Typically our summer internships run for 10-12 weeks between May and September. London and Hong Kong also have off-cycle and Australasia summer internship programs that run between November and April. These schedules are often flexible, so if this timing isn’t exactly what you had in mind, don’t worry; we can work out the details later.
- Top-notch programming skills.
- Deep experience with - and love for - technology. There's no specific checklist; we use software to approach a variety of problems, so we're interested in everything from machine learning to systems administration to programming language design.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Software development at Jane Street is highly collaborative, and we are looking for people who can work effectively in small, close-knit teams.
We don’t expect you to have experience with functional programming, OCaml, or finance; we’re happy to hire talented engineers and teach them what they need to know.
If you'd like to get an idea of what we cover in our software engineering interview process, you can read our recent blog post, and to get an idea of projects software engineering interns work on you can read this post highlighting a few of our Summer 2019 projects (a post highlighting Summer 2020 projects is coming soon!).
Depending on the development of COVID-19, we're hoping to host our 2021 internships in the Hong Kong office if public health conditions allow.
Please visit the Jane Street Career website for a complete list of graduate roles we are currently hiring for!
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Science, Statistics
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:16th Oct 2021, 3:59 pm