About the Program
Our internships center around hands-on mentorship and a robust educational curriculum that includes challenging classes, interactive sessions, and small group discussions.
Over the course of 10-12 weeks, you’ll be matched with full-time employees in your role who will mentor you as you tackle real-world projects they design. You’ll also be able to access our physical and virtual educational resources, attend guest speakers and social events, and hopefully get a real sense of what it would be like to work here full time.
If you’ve never thought about a career in finance, you’re in good company—many of us were in the same position before working here. If you have a curious mind, a collaborative nature, and a passion for solving interesting problems, we have a feeling you’ll fit right in.
About the Position
We are hiring Summer 2023 Desktop Support Engineer Interns for our Hong Kong office. If you are imagining a daily routine that involves making copies and watching as someone turns a computer off and back on, think again—this is not your typical IT internship.
Jane Street interns are trained as if they are new joiners. They are working alongside our existing full time team in a hands-on capacity, helping our Desktop Support Engineers make tangible and immediate improvements to our office environment. This can include: updating physical and virtual office landscapes, providing tech support to full-timers across all departments, and developing and writing internal tooling for IT Support.
Our IT interns are positive, collaborative problem solvers who love helping people. They are unafraid to ask questions and learn from mistakes. They troubleshoot in real-time and listen patiently to the end user. The feedback loop on resolving user issues is immediate and gratifying - most of the time, the person reaching out is someone you already know.
Internship roles provide a great introduction to Jane Street and how we think about and solve problems across all teams. Often, successful interns have been invited to return for a full-time position after graduation.
We don’t expect you to have a background in finance or any other specific field—we’re looking for smart people who enjoy solving interesting problems. We’re more interested in how you think and learn than what you currently know. You should be:
- A member of the class of 2023 or 2024
- A reliable team player with a “no job too small” attitude
- Someone who communicates clearly and respectfully with colleagues
- Humble and unafraid to ask questions and admit mistakes
- Able to analyze and deconstruct technical problems
- Able to develop and maintain technical documentation
- Interested in learning about networking, programming, or system administration
- Willing to take a hands-on approach to gain experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving technical issues at the desktop, server, and network levels
- Fluent in English
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Science
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:20th Oct 2022, 12:59 pm