Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company is recruiting for a Scientist located in Singapore to participate in a R&D Leadership Development Program.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company, a Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. develops and markets Skin Health, Baby Care, Oral Care, Fem Care, Hair Care & Wound Care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands as well as leading skin health brands such as AVEENO®, Neutrogena®, Johnson’s Baby® & Listerine®.
The Asia-Pacific R&D Leadership Development Program provides a training curriculum and work experience with exposure to different J&J business environments across R&D functions such as Product & Process Development, Regulatory Affairs, Scientific Engagement & Translational Science. Participants must complete all components of the program and may be slated for a promotion at the end of the program based on their performance & business requirements.
Participants will undergo a 3-year rotational program with each stint being of approximately 1 year. Rotations will be based on business objectives, career development plans & the personal interest of the participants. Assignments with different functions within AP regional businesses will cover R&D disciplines such as Product development, Regulatory affairs, Clinical Research, etc.
What You Will Do
The Scientist will be responsible for:
- Developing new formulations for personal care applications utilizing technically challenging and proprietary technologies in novel applications and general cosmetic or regulated formulations such as creams, emulsions, cleansers, mouthwashes etc.
- Assisting management in identifying novel and proprietary technology platforms and in rolling out globally for various product categories.
- Leading and performing testing to assess bio-delivery, aesthetic performance, sensorial, efficacy & consumer acceptance of finished formulations.
- Operating effectively across a diverse range of organizational functions and geographic boundaries with guidance and contribute to a team setting to the timing and execution of project plans.
- Communicating and collaborating with commercial teams, project managers, technology platform teams, supply chain and scale up teams.
- Using experimental design techniques, formulation science fundamentals like surfactant colloid chemistry, emulsion science etc. to develop and assess formulations.
- Using scale up fundamentals to evaluate the manufacturing feasibility for different lab scale formulations.
- Lead specific pieces of technical diligence tasks for overall project feasibility assessment related to regulatory strategy, quality compliance, upstream and downstream product and/or packaging innovation, claims strategy, consumer research, product sensorial, technical project timelines etc.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Material Science or any other science-related degree is required. A Masters or PhD is preferred.
- Maximum of up to 2 years of full-time working experience.
- Experience in surfactant, polymer materials, their synergy in formulations and their application in developing innovative skin care and cleansing formulations would be advantageous / preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at internal and external meetings, conferences are required and should be evidenced with presentations & publications.
- Business sense & consumer-centric thinking, and good partnering skills.
- Must be able to be work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Chemical Processing
- Closing Date:21st May 2021, 6:00 pm