Spend your internship working alongside our top tier professionals, driving innovation through financial engineering, derivatives modeling, asset and liability management and risk management. You'll help develop mathematical models, methodologies and tools used throughout the firm while gaining in-depth insight into the world of risk modeling, investment banking and the financial services industry.
What to Expect:
Our Associate internship program in Hong Kong begins in May or June, with the duration of 6 months or depending on your academic schedule. Your professional growth and development will be supported throughout the internship program via project work related to your academic and professional interests, mentorship, engaging speaker series with leaders and more. Full-time employment offers may be extended upon successful completion of the program.
You can launch your career with us in one of several opportunities:
CIB Quantitative Research (QR):
Quantitative Research is an expert quantitative modeling group in J.P. Morgan, an unchallenged leader in financial engineering, derivatives modeling and risk management. With more than 500 analysts worldwide, Quantitative Research partners with traders, marketers and risk managers across all products and regions.
Quantitative skills are a core capability of J.P. Morgan, contributing critically to product innovation, effective risk management and appropriate financial and risk controls. The team's mission is to develop and maintain sophisticated mathematical models, cutting-edge methodologies and infrastructure to value and hedge financial transactions ranging from vanilla flow products to complex derivative deals, as well as improve the performance of algorithmic trading strategies and promote advanced electronic solutions to our clients worldwide. We also develop portfolio risk-measurement methodologies, quantify credit/market risk exposures and economic capital, work closely with trading desks to develop statistical arbitrage strategies and inventory management solutions.
You’ll contribute to the firm’s product innovation, effective risk management, and financial and risk controls. Specially, you’ll have the chance to:
- Develop mathematical models for pricing, hedging and risk measurement of derivatives securities.
- Develop mathematical models for algorithmic trading strategies as well as Delta-One trading strategies or inventory management.
- Support both OTC and electronic trading activities by explaining model behavior, identifying major sources of risk in portfolios, carrying out scenario analyses, developing and delivering quantitative tools, and researching for new trading ideas.
- Assess the appropriateness of quantitative models and their limitations, identifying and monitoring the associated model risk.
- Implement risk measurement, valuation models or algorithmic trading modules in software and systems.
- Design efficient numerical algorithms and implementing high performance computing solutions.
- Design and develop software frameworks for analytics and their delivery to systems and applications.
Our Quantitative Research team is looking for talented graduates in machine learning and related fields who want to join the transformation of our investment bank into a data-led business. Closely embedded within the business, we drive change through innovation and business process optimization using state-of-the-art machine learning techniques such as collaborative filtering, deep learning and reinforcement learning. Our activity touches all aspects of the business from sales and client interaction, to risk management, inventory and portfolio optimization, electronic trading and market making.
The quantitative opportunities within markets invents new ways to access market liquidity optimally, running statistical analysis on large datasets, creating new mathematic models, writing efficient computer code and building and deploying everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data.
You’ll have the chance to:
- Contribute directly to the business and client franchise; identify and generate revenue opportunities.
- Understand the market drivers behind market moves and their cross-asset and cross-market implications.
- Work with cutting edge technology and analytics to infer pricing, hedging and idea generation.
- Conduct quantitative research on medium to high frequency trading strategies.
- Develop portfolio construction methodologies and new modeling approaches across our systematic businesses.
- Manage relationships with clients, regulators and stakeholders to minimize risks and follow laws in various jurisdictions.
Required Skills and Abilities
We are looking for innovative problem-solvers with a passion for developing complex solutions that support our global business.
Key Skills Include:
- Currently enrolled in a master’s or Ph.D. degree program in math, statistics, sciences, engineering, computer science, machine learning or other quantitative fields.
- Mastery of advanced mathematics with a deep knowledge of statistical modelling/data science or Stochastic Modeling (probability theory, stochastic calculus, partial differential equations, numerical analysis, optimization, statistics, econometrics, machine learning).
- Exceptional software design and development skills using C++, Python, Java.
- Knowledge of options pricing theory, trading algorithms or financial regulations a plus.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills and demonstrated research skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to present findings to a non-technical audience.
- Expected gradation between December 2021 and July 2022.
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you unique: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Statistics
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:28th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm