If you like analyzing results and using data to drive decisions, then we have a role for you. The function of Global Finance & Business Management is critical to all facets of the business, dedicated to continually making our business better - strategically, financially and operationally.
You’ll collaborate with our top-tier professionals to influence and shape critical decisions and initiatives that support our businesses across the firm. You'll have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions while developing your professional expertise in a dynamic team environment.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us innovate solutions for our internal and external stakeholders. We’ll give you what you need to succeed including training, mentoring, access to leaders and projects that engage all your skills.
What to Expect:
Our summer analyst program is expected to run for around 10 weeks from June to August (although this may be subject to change).
The program delivers in-depth industry training, one-on-one mentorship and hands-on experience. You’ll be placed as a member in one of the finance teams where you’ll work in one of the following functional groups - Business Management, Controller, Financial Analysis, and Project Management. You’ll work on critical initiatives for managers, supporting public filings and learning what it takes to close the books for the month or quarter. Top performers may receive a full-time opportunity at the end of the summer program.
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you are passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you.
What You Will Do
- Business Management - Act as a trusted advisor to business and group heads by identifying, escalating and mitigating business risks and optimizing business performance by driving key initiatives.
- Controller - Responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and validity of the financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle; performing critical reporting and controls functions for the organization, including legal entity, financial and regulatory and product valuation.
- Financial Analysis - Create meaningful analysis and reporting in support of our businesses. Coordinate with partners across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis, creation, oversight and coordination of budgeting and forecasting.
- Project Management - Contribute to programs that are large scale and comprised of multiple projects and work streams. Initiatives drive cross line of business or firm-wide agendas for implementation of new regulations, standards or policies.
Required Skills and Abilities
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who have a passion for analysis that will help drive strategic business decisions.
Our summer internship program is a pipeline for future graduate opportunities. Based on individual achievements, those who successfully complete the program may receive offers of full-time employment with the firm in 2022. If you will require employer immigration sponsorship after completing your degree, you do not meet the basic requirements of this summer internship role.
Key Skills and Interests Include:
- Pursuing a degree qualification with solid academic background and an expected graduation between September 2021 and July 2022.
- Available to start full-time employment from July 2022 onwards.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Basic understanding of financial statements, accounting procedures, internal and external reporting, and variance analysis.
- A well-rounded academic background with an interest in financial management.
- All majors considered with a preference for finance, accounting and majors with a dual focus in business and information technology.
- Excel, PowerPoint and Word proficiency.
- Relevant internship experience and leadership in school or community organizations.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:7th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm