Ground-breaking projects, such as one-north, Jurong Island, Jurong Rock Cavern and Seletar Aerospace are evidence of the innovative and dynamic side of JTC. Hardly surprising, because at JTC, our mission is to conceive visionary developments in key industrial sectors to create national economic growth for the future.
JTC Internship Programme 2020
JTC is pleased to be offering enriching, exciting and professional internships that will help advance your future career. The JTC Internship Programme is a 12-week full-time internship that runs from May - August each year.
At JTC, we place a high emphasis on grooming new talents. Outstanding individuals with the right aptitude and attitude will be considered for JTC mid-term scholarship or a full-time position in JTC upon graduation. If you are keen to support the transformation of industries in Singapore, join us now!
What You Will Do
Mobile App Developer
- We are looking for interns to develop new mobile apps for JTC, as well as enhance existing ones.
- These mobile apps run on both iOS and Android devices, and vary in their function – from serving occupants and visitors to our industrial estates to improving productivity for staff.
- You will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of these mobile apps. As JTC continues on its digitalization journey, new requirements and requests for mobile apps may also arise, and you may be required to gather user requirements as well.
- You will also have the opportunity to explore various technologies and frameworks available in order to find the best fit for the requirements.
- We are looking for interns to develop new chatbots as well as maintain and enhance existing chatbots for both JTC’s internal use and external use. Examples of internal use would be for simplifying processes and new staff on-boarding. Examples of external use would be for tenant engagement and public interaction.
- You will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of these chatbots. You will also be required to engage the relevant departments on a regular basis for updates and new developments.
- You will also need to be prepared to switch frameworks and technologies as and when necessitated by the project or developments in the industry, as well as drive the adoption and implementation of a conversational platform within JTC.
- We are looking for interns to develop IT automation scripts based on Robotic Process Automation (RPA) technology to automate and improve JTC internal processes. RPA is an enterprise-class software automation solution which replicates human interaction with core, legacy and desktop applications.
- You will be responsible for understanding RPA and its applicability to JTC internal processes, and the subsequent design, development, setup, implementation and maintenance of these RPA scripts.
- You will have the opportunity to explore RPA solutions available in order to find the best fit for the requirements and to provide the best optimizations for the organization.
App Development for MAPLE (Real Estate Mgmt):
We are looking for enthusiastic students who are keen to be part of our SCRUM team to implement a critical business system to do our real estate management.
The student will:
- Practice AGILE (SCRUM) software development approach and work together with an efficient team consist of SCRUM Master, Product Owners and Developers.
- Assess and explore the feasibility of applying new technologies (e.g. RPA, AI, Data Analytics and etc) in MAPLE to create greater value for our users.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Open to all Singaporean undergraduates from Computer Engineering or related disciplines.
- Specialisation and interest in Software Development.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Resourceful and able to multitask.
- Relevant internship experience will be a bonus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage internal and external stakeholders.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:6th Mar 2020, 6:00 pm