Julius Baer is the leading Swiss wealth management group. We focus on servicing and advising sophisticated private clients from around the world, taking into account what truly matters to them – in their business and personal life, today and for future generations.
Join Julius Baer and make a difference.
Are you a recent graduate and looking for a great career start? Join our 18-months Graduate Programme as of October 2021 and let’s shape together the future of wealth management and beyond.
Take the chance to kick-off your career with a fixed Graduate Programme Track within Asia Pacific Region and related fields. The three rotation assignments are fixed in order to gain in-depth expertise and to become a specialist.
You could benefit from the following three rotations - Business Management, Global India & Developed Markets in Singapore, Business Management, Global India & Developed Markets in Dubai, Front Risk Management, Global India & Developed Markets in Singapore.
Join the Business Division of Asia Pacific and become part of the Business Management Team in Singapore. The Business Manager role is pivotal in offering support to overall management as well as implementation of the business strategy, providing sales management and operational support.
The role covers 4 aspects; Client management, people management, risk management and operational support/business management. This includes supporting Group Heads (GH) /Team Heads (TH) in understand business performance, identifying potential opportunities or gaps requiring attention/focus, handling business approval cases, identifying platform/process deficiencies and working with various stakeholders in troubleshooting and resolving operational issues.
Furthermore, the programme includes training sessions focusing on technical and social competencies.
What You Will Do
- Quarterly meetings with GH/THs to present performance dashboards and insights/analysis.
- Follow up on actionable tasks / initiatives from performance meetings.
- Provide thematic data and analysis when requested.
- Collaborate with business partners to provide sales support.
- Support net new money initiatives and prospect management.
- Ability to work with various stakeholders from all departments across the organization (across Regions & Divisions).
- Willing and able to work within a fast-paced team.
Regulatory Responsibilities &/OR Risk Management:
- Supporting the respective GH/THs to ensure the Business is compliant with regulations and governance is followed closely.
- Support GH/THs in reviewing business requests requiring their approvals e.g. payments, client on boarding & risk assessments, pricing exception requests etc.
- Escalate compliance issues or investigations (e.g. Client complaint, STRs etc.).
- Collaborate with Front Risk Management to resolve overdue deficiencies or remediation.
- Provide guidance and reminders to front teams on policies & business processes.
Operational Support / Business Management:
- First point of contact for the front office relating to policies, procedures and controls.
- Assess and resolve business operational issues.
- Implement / Support ad hoc business initiatives.
- Support rollout of key initiatives.
- Monitoring and maintaining adequate governance of processes within the organization.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled in a full-time, degree program and in the graduating class for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business or a related field.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), especially Excel Macros and VBA.
- Good working knowledge of Ruby, Python, PowerBI and Tableau would be a plus.
- Good understanding of business KPIs of private banks would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Team worker as well as independent working style.
- Pleasant and outgoing personality.
- Organized and responsible, self-motivated, quick learner.
- Entrepreneurial thinking.
- Able to see the “Big-picture”.
- Adaptable to constant change.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Eligible for employment authorization in Singapore.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce
- Closing Date:1st May 2021, 6:00 pm