Lay the groundwork for a dynamic future with an industry leader. At Kaiser Permanente, you'll forge lasting relationships with colleagues across the organization while enjoying the opportunity to grow your experience and hone your expertise on assignments that have real impact.
Our interns have worked on everything from analyzing financial software and developing new marketing strategies, to designing mobile apps and helping clinicians improve care delivery. We want you to get the most out of your time here and will give you projects that challenge you to think freely, question thoroughly, and explore deeply.
Various projects with rotating assignments across each core team in the department. Project types include - Developing and/or implementing communications plans and tactics for special and strategic projects (e.g., Kaiser Permanente's 75 anniversary, Community Health program communications) - Partnering with public relations and social media for external communications and announcements - Compiling communications strategy reports for the Kaiser Permanente CEO and working in partnership to help execute on possible external engagement - Project management development and exposure, sharing strategic thinking on the communications program management function. - Special project identified and framed by the intern that will help the Communications department successfully deliver on Kaiser Permanente-s mission and strategy.
What You Will Do
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience - N/A.
- Education - Pursuing a bachelor's degree or have graduated from an accredited university within the last year.
- 3.0 GPA or above.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- License, Certification, Registration - N/A.
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
- Excellent writing and editing skills for copy to be published across mediums.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills.
- Ability to work with executives who lead a complex organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team with professional communicators.
- Job type:Internships
Oakland (United States...
- Closing Date:6th Jul 2019, 6:00 pm