What You Will Do
- Assist the Section Manager in managing all work activities for the group of Sub-contractors, Supervisors and workers.
- Study repair or conversion requirements defined in the Specifications, inspect jobs at site and clarify requirements with the Project Manager or Ship Officers.
- Assist the Section Manager / Project Manager in preparing the Work Plan.
- Delegate jobs to supervisors and plan the manpower required for the jobs in accordance to the budgeted man-hours provided by the Project Managers. Resolve problems encountered by the Supervisors and manage the coordination between the different trades and Sections.
- Raise or approve Issue Passes for materials and equipment required for the jobs accordingly.
- Issue Foreman Order Chits to other relevant Sections / Shops. Prepare the necessary Sub-contractors Requisition forms and seek formal approval from the Section Manager / Assistant Section Manager.
- Monitor the work of sub-contractors to ensure that quality and workmanship conform to company standard.
- Track and report daily work progress to the Section Manager / Assistant Section Manager or the Project Manager.
- Ensure that all safety procedures and regulations are complied with, including the application of work permits and the periodic checks on housekeeping and safety equipment used in his Section / Shop and onboard ships.
- Actively observe, monitor and train their subordinates within their capacity. Recommend relevant training courses for workers who require the necessary upgrading of skills.
- Inspect work done and obtain the Superintendent’s or Ship Officer’s / Engineer’s approval.
- Ensure that all legal requirements under the Singapore laws are complied with.
- Ensure that all standard operating procedures comply with specifications, quality standards, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Any other assigned duties and responsibilities.
Required Skills and Abilities
Degree / Diploma in Naval Architecture / Civil / Marine and Offshore / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, Certificate of Competency (Marine Engineer Officer) Class 1 (Motorship), or its equivalent.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Civil Structural, Engineering Electrical,...
- Closing Date:5th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm