Keppel aims to be a global company at the forefront of our chosen industries, shaping the future for the benefit of all our stakeholders - Sustaining Growth, Empowering Lives and Nurturing Communities.
With people as our core asset, Keppel actively seeks out bright and dynamic individuals to join our talent pool. We offer our employees opportunities to grow and shape their careers, across the geographies in which we operate.
Be part of our Keppel family today.
Keppel Capital Alternative Asset (KCAA) is part of Keppel Capital, responsible for identifying and investment new alternative asset classes, with the goal of establishing new private funds, REITs or Business Trusts globally. The current sector focus includes elderly housing, education, private debt and logistics. KCAA provides the perfect opportunity to the candidate to be exposed to a variety of skill sets and fund management knowledge to embark your next career.
The internship programme offers an in-depth training experience working alongside a collaborative team to evaluate deals and support fundraising activities.
The intern will be assigned to work within specific teams during the programme but will also be exposed to other asset class based on business needs.
What You Will Do
- Provide market research on sectors and countries including monitoring of sector and economic trends in the alternative assets space.
- Analyse and evaluate investment pipeline alongside the investment team from research, due diligence to investment and post-closing monitoring.
- Support fundraising events including research, data gathering and pitchbook preparation.
- Support portfolio management including helping to maintain a robust internal database of underlying investees for analysis, tracking and reporting.
- Support the team lead on ad-hoc project and tasks.
- Gain insights into the investment process and strategies of a fund management organisation with an alternative focused mandate.
- Develop quantitative and qualitative skill sets in evaluating investments across different alternative asset classes focused by Keppel Capital.
- Understand key trends and investment drivers for sectors or markets under coverage.
- Develop effective presentation skills including preparation of presentation materials.
Successful candidate(s) will be attached to Keppel Capital.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A penultimate or final year student with an Undergraduate or Master’s degree, preferably in the real estate, business, finance or economics degree, from a top academic institution.
- Have basic to intermediate skills in financial modelling, financial statement analysis and valuation and is proficient with Microsoft excel knowledge and formulas.
- Knowledge in using Bloomberg terminal/platform.
- Have desire to be involved in investments and fund management business.
We think you will be a great fit if you have the following aptitudes:
- Able to work independently and execute quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Strong desire to learn with a high degree of motivation.
- Have high level of personal integrity and is committed to deliver high quality of work.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Closing Date:11th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm