KPMG Advisory’s Financial Risk Management (FRM) professionals help organizations enhance performance, enable better decision-making and satisfy compliance demands by shaping their risk strategy, improving risk-adjusted performance and implementing pragmatic recommendations.
FRM provides deep industry knowledge, insightful opinions, and technology-enable delivery to help improve processes, governance and strategy to address financial and operational risks and drive business performance.
Our global network of experienced professionals offer tailored services to help clients mitigate financial exposures and navigate complex business issues by formalizing protocols and contingency plans. FRM helps clients address complex challenges, create and protect sustainable business value, and transform risk into a strategic advantage.
KPMG Singapore is a leading FRM practice in Asia Pacific and is among the most diverse teams in the region. We are continually searching for talented individuals to join our team.
What You Will Do
You would be expected to contribute in the following ways:
- Performing valuations of derivative positions for our banking, financial institution and corporate clients.
- Conduct reviews and analysis of financial risks in various banking, treasury and trading organizations.
- Producing and analyzing financial risk models, and assessing market data.
- Support in the preparation of reports and other client deliverables.
- Supporting business development initiatives, including the preparation and presentation of proposals.
- Building and maintaining client relationships before, during and after engagements.
- Working closely with Partners and staff on client management, practice and business development activities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent academic background, including a Bachelor or Master degree in a quantitative discipline (engineering, statistics, quantitative finance, applied mathematics, theoretical physics, financial engineering, etc.) preferably with a professional qualification in CFA/FRM.
- Strong grasp of financial risk management (market risk, credit risk, operational risk, liquidity risk, etc.) concepts; An understanding of derivatives and financial instruments is required and knowledge of banking regulation is a plus.
- Experience in planning, executing and delivering complex projects with multiple workstreams would be valuable.
- Programming for quantitative analysis and data mining (e.g. using Excel, VBA, MatLab, C/C++, Python, R, SAS, or other risk software language).
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and presentation/report writing skills, combined with a good understanding of business dynamics and commercial value drivers.
- Experience with statistics in risk, machine learning and AI would be an advantage also.
- Willingness to travel for client engagements.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- High proficiency in both verbal and written English is essential. Chinese or other Southeast Asian language skills are an added advantage.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics
- Closing Date:6th Jul 2022, 6:00 pm