The Information Technology Services (ITS) team provides essential technology-based services to internal clients. The ITS team work together to address both individual and firm-wide IT needs.
You will be part of the Data Office within ITS, a new department setup with the vision to empower our people to harness data across the firm to generate actionable insights and drive value.
The Data Office is responsible for defining and implementing Singapore firm’s Data Strategy. The data team would work with business functions to embed and enhance data management capabilities across the firm.
As a member of the Data Office within ITS, you will actively support the operationalization of KPMG Singapore Data Strategy.
What You Will Do
- Support the data team in operationalization of data management policies, standards/guidelines & processes ensuring compliance with relevant local & Global laws, and regulations (e.g. PDPA, GDPR etc.).
- Support the Data Architect in delivering technologies, tools, approaches and methodologies to enable the management of data.
- Support in the development & implementation of data pipelines for a modern Data Platform (cloud based DWH/ Data Lake).
- Design data models for optimal storage and retrieval, and optimize data architectures to solve cross-team problems at scale and delight internal customers.
- Implement & execute processes aimed to enhance Business and IT controls across the end-to-end data lifecycle by incorporating good practices on data governance, data quality and data protection.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Current studies in Computer Science, Information Management, or other data related fields.
- Good understanding of data quality, data governance, and data protection practices.
- Good understanding of cloud technologies (e.g. Azure), SQL databases and programming languages (e.g. Python).
- Be an agent of change and instill data driven culture across different segments of data users through effective communication and collaboration.
- Proficient in MS Office suit (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex concepts in clear business terminology.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:20th Jul 2022, 6:00 pm