Fresh out from school and thinking about how you can gain valuable industry-relevant experience? With SGUnited Traineeships, new and recent graduates can join approved host companies to develop skills professionally and receive a training allowance.
You will sit within the Grocery Category Management team which is the primary commercial team within the RedMart Lazada Singapore business.
What You Will Do
In this role you will be responsible for the sourcing and merchandising of a specific Grocery category (or subcategory) for RedMart Lazada Singapore. You will exercise your analytical and entrepreneurial skills to drive growth and margin through assortment management, supplier/seller negotiations, Campaign planning & execution, and inventory management. This role offers a high degree of autonomy to deliver the best range, value and service to our customers. The candidate will be key member of team and will report directly to a Category Manager.
- Given the size of the category (assortment and sales value), we are looking for an individual who can provide insight into the category dynamics, and in addition to manage some self-contained projects as part of this assignment.
- You will be highly organized, able to prioritize effectively to achieve strong commercial outcomes.
- P&L responsibility for the category, subcategory, including revenue, margin.
- Must develop and execute optimal category strategy, pricing, promotions, range, availability, and cost prices to expand both sales and margin.
- Ensure RedMart has the widest selection and best prices in the market through international sourcing, recruiting marketplace sellers and leveraging competitive intelligence.
- Work with existing vendor base to negotiate supplier marketing and advertising spend and ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of goods to our fulfillment centre.
- Work to develop new sourcing and extended range to ensure we have high quality, good value goods available to our customers year-round.
- Employ data-driven decision making to drive the category. Provide insight to their Manager and work closely with marketing and supply chain to forecast demand and ensure consistent supply.
- Partner with Retail Operations team to manage inventory levels and wastage.
- Contribute to RedMart growth by optimizing and streamlining Category management. Help to design systems and processes to minimize time spent on day-to-day tasks and allow more time for strategic thinking.
- Work cross functionally with Supply Chain, Operations, Imports, Pricing, Strategy, Finance, Trade Marketing and Marketing to deliver strategic projects allowing RedMart to offer the best customer experience.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:28th Aug 2020, 6:00 pm