Fresh out from school and thinking about how you can gain valuable industry-relevant experience? With SGUnited Traineeships, new and recent graduates can join approved host companies to develop skills professionally and receive a training allowance.
The Industrial Engineering trainee will work with the Lead Manager, Supply Chain Development alongside Infrastructure, Operations, Commercial, Technology and Marketing teams to conceptualize a long-term infrastructure plan for Lazada’s Supply Chain Network.
What You Will Do
The primary areas of responsibility of this role will be to:
- Contribute meaningfully to Lazada’s tremendous growth by utilizing your Industrial Engineering skills through a practical, hands-on approach.
- Understand the end-to-end supply chain process. Identify the key bottlenecks in the value chain in the medium to long-term and come up with solutions to resolving these bottlenecks.
- Conceptualize the future of Lazada’s Fulfillment: Develop Layouts, Design Processes and optimize costs for the End-to-End Supply Chain Network.
- Be proactive, with an open and inquisitive mind to partner with RedMart’s business units to observe, measure and analyze current processes and explore options to improve the holistic supply chain in the future by analyzing the interplay between the business units.
- Use mathematical optimization techniques to conceptualize automation roadmap achieve medium to longer-term financial targets. Build cost vs benefit models to make a strong case for the solution you propose.
- Assess warehouse automation solutions used in the industry and propose right solutions for Lazada.
- Align with the commercial and operations teams on optimum range, stockholding and throughput plan while scaling up 10x.
- Simulate the material and manpower flows in the proposed infrastructure plan from the automation vendors and identify potential risks before and after implementation.
- Work with Operations and HR teams to come up with a structured training plan to prepare for the organizational change towards automation.
- Work with the project implementation teams and champion the detailed execution plan.
- Be creative and work on challenging new stuff every other day!
Required Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in one of the following - Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- A beginner to intermediate level of proficiency in the following Office Packages: MS Office with advanced Excel data mining skills.
- Data Analytics: SQL. Knowledge of Excel-VBA, Tableau is preferable.
- Programming Languages: Knowledge of at least one programming language. Python, Java or VB.Net is preferable.
- CAD: AutoCAD and/or any other 3-dimensional drafting software.
- Statistical Packages - Any - Knowledge of SPSS or Minitab is preferred.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering, Operations, Statistics
- Closing Date:28th Aug 2020, 6:00 pm