The Lazada Data Science team is a young and enthusiastic team, equipped with rich experience in terms of either qualifications or work experience. Besides continuous business innovations, we explore state-of-the-art technical innovations to break the boundaries towards greater progress, utilising a world-class machine learning engineering platform from Alibaba.
Interning in the Data Science team at Lazada, you will be exposed to different techniques such as deep learning, reinforcement learning, natural language processing and operational research to drive and equip Lazada with the right strategies to best position ourselves in the market and to enhance platform growth. You will work alongside various teams to understand their different strategies and requirements.
What you will do
The ideal candidate will be very hands-on, will not be afraid to dive deep and continually ask questions. There are currently 3 domains under Lazada Data Science, and you may be assigned to one of them:
- Seller & Operation Business: including campaign product selection, pricing, product tagging, matching and recommendation, etc. to boost seller and platform growth.
- Promotion Business: including the design, development and optimization of promotion scheme generation, promotion recommendation, promotion distribution, performance prediction and analysis.
- Logistics: Smart routing, parcel volume prediction, manpower smart scheduling, and corresponding deep algorithm optimizations for first mile, last mile and long haul.
- Keeping up to date with the state-of-the-art research and integrated applications on deep learning, recommendation, optimization, reinforcement learning, amongst others.
- Continually improving algorithms to adapt to evolving business requirements, and ensuring high efficiency, scalability as well as good coding style.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing at least a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent fields.
- Masters and PhD students are welcome to apply.
- Basic theoretical foundations in at least one of the following: machine learning, natural language processing, personalised search & recommendation, user/seller behaviour modelling, sales prediction, knowledge graph and representation, marketing algorithms or large-scale data analysis/platforms.
- Related project and/or internship experiences in any of the above is a plus.
- Ability to program in at least one core programming language: SQL, Java or Python.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Operations, Research and Development,...
- Closing Date:24th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm