Working at Merck goes far beyond just having a job to make ends meet. With a job at Merck, you have exciting new possibilities to follow your curiosity wherever it takes you.
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
What We Do:
Inhouse Consulting (IC) is an internal management consulting group-function working exclusively for all functions and sectors. IC projects span topics like Strategy & Execution, Processes & Efficiency, Integration, Innovation & Business Development, R&D, Organization Development and PMO across all Divisions. Our team of 75 consultants works globally. The IC Head Office is at the HQ in Darmstadt, Germany, with America's office in the Boston area, USA and an Asia-Pacific (APAC) office in Singapore.
What You Will Do
The Global Graduate Program (GGP) is the company’s career accelerator for high potential professionals who are early in their careers.
During the 24-month program, Associates will experience a mix of strategic management-consulting projects, as well as functional rotations in the pharmaceutical, life science and performance materials industries. During the program, Associates will have at least one International rotation in Darmstadt, Germany for up to three months; with possibility of an additional international rotation.
Associates will be developed through targeted professional trainings and our internal coaching program to continuously improve their technical and business skills. There will a good amount of on-job learning as well through working with senior consultants on consulting projects, with high visibility across all management levels.
Following successful completion of the Global Graduate Program, Associates will move on to challenging and exciting positions across the company within APAC.
Required Skills and Abilities
Who You Are:
- Ideal candidates for the Global Graduate Program are early in their careers, enjoy working on teams, and have a global mindset.
- Candidates with an advanced degree in science or engineering must have a demonstrated interest in business through coursework, professional experience, or internships.
- Applicants should be prepared for behavioral and analytical business-case interviews.
- You have completed a PhD (Engineering, Sciences, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biology, Physics or related sciences) and/or an MBA with outstanding success.
- You have very strong problem solving, analytical and excellent communication skills.
- You have experience using MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- You have proactive and self-motivated mindset.
- You have a self-assured and confident personality.
- Fluent in English and an additional foreign language.
- Ability to travel up to 50% internationally is required.
- Ability and willingness to live and work from Darmstadt (Germany) for up to 3 months.
What We Offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life.
Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:2nd Mar 2021, 6:00 pm