Translate your education and talent into a career fueled by possibilities. Develop your skills and expand your opportunities with access to the industry's leading talent, training, and technology. You’ll be contributing your expertise to help reshape information, communication, and innovation around the globe.
Innovation is the lifeblood of our business. Our ability to compete and win in the memory market depends on a free flow of ideas and perspectives at all levels of the business. Inclusion allows creativity and innovation to thrive and empowers us to make the best decisions for all our people and our company.
At Micron, our people are our most important resource and a critical driver of our competitive advantage. We believe our best innovation springs from our team members' diverse experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. We are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive environment, representative of our communities and the customers we serve.
As a Back End Central Planning Capacity Planning Engineer at Micron Technology, you will engage with Back End Planning and Industrial Engineering teams, Engineering, Factory Network and Supply Chain to optimize Network requirements and drive improvement in business processes. You will be interfacing with internal and external stakeholders to identify resources required to support the plan and follow up on actions to close identified gaps. You will monitor build plans, analyze CTM solves and CSM bucket reports to ensure that manufacturing sites have the needed capacity to perform as planned.
What You Will Do
Capacity Methods and Integration:
- Understanding the implications of modeling assumptions in CSM and CTM solves.
- Audit model assumptions versus actual factory performance and drive gaps closure (Utilization, EPT, load size, lot size, using static and dynamic models).
- Influence decision making process to optimize the network capacity to improve supply availability.
- Able to efficiently perform what-if analysis and provide data driven recommendations.
- Develop capacity business processes and specify requirements.
Drive Benchmarking Process:
- Work with site IE, MFG and Engineering to understand and close the gaps in workstation performance to meet external benchmark levels.
- Drive areas to close gaps in performance of tools with in a workstation through internal benchmarking.
- Headcount model benchmarking.
Manage Capital Process:
- Optimize capital resources by initiating asset transfers in the global network.
- Collaborate with the sites to minimize capital spending via productivity improvements and optimizing available equipment and tooling.
- Coordinate capital purchase to meet flex capacity percentages.
- Monitor adherence to capital cycle and on time funding submissions.
- Audit tool count to align with MICAP and SIG delivery dates.
Participate in Capacity Related Projects:
- Support systems and tools adoption related to Capacity Planning.
- Support manufacturing efficiency efforts for the site (cycle time, utilization improvement, constraints management, capacity optimization).
- Participate and influence design of capacity systems to convert all planning related assumptions and models.
Ensure a Safe, Compliant, and Ethical Work Environment:
- Comply with company safety, labor, and ethics policies.
- Participation in mandatory safety training.
- Encourage a culture of safety and contribute to a safe work environment.
- Provide timely feedback when quality, safety, or ethical issues arise.
- Follow and support company-wide and department safety procedures to maintain a clean, safe, and accident-free work environment.
- Promote high integrity processes that will enable immediate sharing of problems, issues and solutions with the management team.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Good in written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated to work in a dynamic environment, with good integrity and character.
- Ability to multi-task and organize work systematically in meeting deadlines without compromising on quality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications, etc.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:13th Jun 2020, 6:00 pm