Translate your education and talent into a career fueled by possibilities. Develop your skills and expand your opportunities with access to the industry's leading talent, training, and technology. You’ll be contributing your expertise to help reshape information, communication, and innovation around the globe.
Innovation is the lifeblood of our business. Our ability to compete and win in the memory market depends on a free flow of ideas and perspectives at all levels of the business. Inclusion allows creativity and innovation to thrive and empowers us to make the best decisions for all our people and our company.
At Micron, our people are our most important resource and a critical driver of our competitive advantage. We believe our best innovation springs from our team members' diverse experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. We are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive environment, representative of our communities and the customers we serve.
As the ISM (Indirect Support and Material) Professional of the Materials Management team at Micron, your main responsibility will be to ensure availability of supply and execute to a holistic inventory management strategy and be part of a global team dedicated to this function across all Front End and Back End manufacturing locations. You will be responsible to ensure the Ordering and On Time Delivery of Spares and Materials required at that location. This includes expediting and escalation of delivery issues as required to ensure continuity of manufacturing operations. Order adjustments with suppliers due to scheduling or availability changes will also be part of the scope. Ensuring consistent inventory stocking levels through safety stocks, re-order and lead times maintenance, management of inventory write-offs, enable automation of non-Material Requirements Planning driven inventory Purchase Order placement and metrics reporting with driven root cause and action.
Other responsibilities include ensuring department compliance to company policies and departmental procedures. You will be responsible for providing input back to leadership on the building and implementing department strategies, processes, and policy through active participation on teams and projects.
What You Will Do
Supply Fulfillment Execution:
- Manage Delivery Scheduling and Order Release.
- Ensure sufficient materials to support site build plans - schedule the right quantity of material from a vendor for arrival at specified date at specified site.
- Support pulls in requests that have impact to wafer loading, and expedite deliveries.
- Update orders to support site pull-ins, build adds/expedites, or push-outs as required by site build schedule.
- Block materials due to quality issues; release or reorder based upon Material Review Board.
Inventory Management Execution:
- Work with direct and cross-functional teams to implement and execute global inventory strategic direction for Front End and Back End manufacturing sites.
- Implement recommended actions to achieve targets for global inventory value, turns, safety stock and replenishment points.
- Implement inventory specific savings levers such as vendor stocking, supplier managed, or consignment programs.
- Execute the implementation of inventory strategies and compliance and participate in the resolution of any constraints or issues.
Interface with Stakeholders, Procurement Partners, and Suppliers on Materials Management Strategies:
- Ensure stakeholder requirements are met.
- Sustain effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
Ensure a Safe, Compliant, and Ethical Work Environment:
- Maintain knowledge of and apply company safety, labor and ethics policies.
- Communicate requirements and expectations to leaders and external stakeholders.
Execute Improvement Plan:
- Participate in implementation of improvement strategies and be proactive in recommending solutions to constraints or issues.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in - Purchasing/Procurement, Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Related field of study Fluent business English and Japanese.
- Good knowledge of SAP (Systems Applications and Products) software for Materials Management is required for this position.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to be a persuasive advocate.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills.
- Innovation and Teamwork focused.
- Able to work independently or with a cross functional team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Job type:Internships
Administration, Engineering, Logistics and Supply Chain,...
- Closing Date:3rd Jun 2020, 6:00 pm