Translate your education and talent into a career fueled by possibilities. Develop your skills and expand your opportunities with access to the industry's leading talent, training, and technology. You’ll be contributing your expertise to help reshape information, communication, and innovation around the globe.
Innovation is the lifeblood of our business. Our ability to compete and win in the memory market depends on a free flow of ideas and perspectives at all levels of the business. Inclusion allows creativity and innovation to thrive and empowers us to make the best decisions for all our people and our company.
At Micron, our people are our most important resource and a critical driver of our competitive advantage. We believe our best innovation springs from our team members' diverse experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. We are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive environment, representative of our communities and the customers we serve.
As a Process Intern at Micron, you will work on cutting edge Processes in our Manufacturing Site. You are part of the Process Team in the Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP) Module, more specifically to improve the edge of the wafer which is also known as the bevel area.
Bevel engineering refers to optimization of wafer bevel condition to achieve maximum wafer yield. It has become increasingly critical in NAND technology to enable faster yield ramps. As the 3D stacks get thicker in each technology node, the requirement to have clean and defect free bevel gets more stringent. Past lessons have demonstrated that bevel cleanliness is of monumental importance to ensure good front side wafer defectivity such as scratches, craters, and resist toppling. The challenge remains to identify bevel issues inline and drive improvement actions through various bevel engineering methodology. The scope of this project is to fingerprint the bevel conditions for our current technology and its related derivatives. This will serve as a golden reference for future bevel related issues. Along the way, you will get to work with diverse expert engineers to identify unique bevel issues in our current technologies and propose solutions to resolve them.
What You Will Do
- Collaborating with multi-functional teams to identify issues and resolve issues.
- Learn in-depth knowledge of wafer patterning in 3D NAND Production.
- You will also have the opportunity to craft and design experiments to produce solutions.
- During the internship, you will see and learn how a global memory leader operates and runs its operations.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science with an expected graduation date of December 2019 or later.
- Looking for a semester long internship.
- Basic understanding of semiconductor manufacturing.
- Ability to learn quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent organizational, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Superb communication skills.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:3rd Jun 2020, 6:00 pm