Join us in our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. In Research, Development & Quality (RD&Q), your skills can be the special ingredient that brings our brands to life. As part of a fantastic team of scientists, engineers and nutritionists, you’ll work tirelessly on product design or development, process development, quality, nutrition, sensory and food safety aspects to ensure we deliver a consistent, delightful consumer experience. RD&Q is where you’ll turn great ideas into brilliant brands.
Provide Consumer Science related support to Mondelēz global legal entities, per service agreements. This includes the global biscuit category as well as the categories within the North America Business Unit but may also include support to other regions as organization priorities dictate. The role contributes to the planning and implementation of assigned research programs/projects that lead to actionable business results. The role requires the jobholder to work under direct supervision of manager to lead practical work including discrimination, descriptive analysis and demonstrates mastery of basic consumer science skills. The jobholder applies fundamental understanding to analysis and reporting of results. The jobholder must properly apply technical/practical training in completing assignments and deliver against commitments. The jobholder interacts mainly with other CS colleagues and may supervise technicians and/or temporary staff while completing assignments.
What You Will Do
- Partnering with more experienced colleagues within the Consumer Science team as required, to deliver first-class project guidance.
- Plan and implement assigned sensory projects, analyses results, begin to translate into possible solutions to address business issues.
- Complete assignments while contributing to producing good quality/actionable data and analyzing results.
- Manage descriptive panels, taking on administrative duties such as recruitment, general training, screening, administration (including disciplinary matters), panel performance checks on data, presenting feedback on performance to panelists.
- Assist in completing consumer research both qualitative and quantitative including preparing scorecards, kitchen/serving procedures, serving orders, fielding of studies, data analysis and interpretation of results.
- Assist in reporting/presentation of findings, contributing to the decision-making process.
- Contribute to CS Team goals by participating on teams where new methodologies and capability are evaluated, proposed and implemented.
- Contribute to efficient and safe running of the sensory laboratory, including maintenance of the quality system, ensuring that procedures are followed properly and highest standards of work and environment, health and safety are maintained.
- Ensure two-way communication between yourself and other team members and ensure good communication skills (oral and written).
- Develop knowledge and expertise in relevant category areas.
- Demonstrate ability to add value to incoming requests independently.
- Able to solve minor problems on their own.
- May supervise technicians or other temporary staff.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Educated to at least degree level in a Scientific subject and/or appropriate post graduate qualifications.
- Strong knowledge of statistical theory and its application to sensory/consumer research (Preferred).
- Team work.
- Adherence to time scales.
- Ability to learn on the job.
- Organizing and prioritizing duties.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Intellectual curiosity (Preferred).
- Demonstration of proactivity (Preferred).
- Problem Solving (Preferred).
- Business Acumen (Preferred).
- Proven ability to work independently (Preferred).
- Ability to discern data confused or hidden by extraneous information (Preferred).
- Develops and adapts action plans as needed to deliver the bottom line (Preferred).
- Independently communicates facts, draws conclusions and implications from research, linking to business goals (Preferred).
- Relevant training / work experience (Preferred).
- Demonstrable competence in primary software applications (Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Presentations etc.).
- Demonstrate competence in the use of the internet /intranet sites.
- Mastery in Discrimination & Descriptive Analysis tools and techniques (Preferred).
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
New Jersey (United...
- Closing Date:4th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm