The Summer Program is a 10-week program designed as an opportunity to learn more about the important role that the Institutional Equity Division plays within Morgan Stanley. This structured program includes rotations on desks across the Equity Division, including Prime Brokerage and Bank Resource Management and is designed to give you insight into this division and an opportunity to develop and master the analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills needed to develop an exciting and rewarding career.
What you will do
This intensive 10-week program includes a Firmwide orientation to Morgan Stanley’s businesses and division specific training. Your training will continue throughout the summer with structured learning sessions run by experienced executives. Similarly, you will have many opportunities to integrate with peers and experienced colleagues through a series of networking, social, charity and mentoring events.
- Sales: Work alongside experienced employees to learn how we build our client base and establish and maintain long-term client relationships. Assist with developing and presenting investment ideas and the fundamentals of selling and cross-selling the Firm’s products.
- Trading: Develop and execute trading ideas and analysis, and support all aspects of the market-making trade execution process, from research analytics on trades to relative value analysis.
- Structuring: Use innovative and solutions-based approach to designing both investment and risk management products across all asset classes.
- Research/Strategy: Analyze market fundamentals and liaise with researchers to develop investment recommendations for internal and external clients.
- Analytics: Provide quantitative and qualitative analytics around client revenue and profitability; work to efficiently manage commission dollars by creating increased transparency around the services that clients value.
Bank Resource Management interns will also gain exposure to some of the following business activities:
- Equity Securities Lending Trading: Borrow securities from the world’s largest lending institutions and assist in lending functions to our clients.
- Secured Funding: Learn how Morgan Stanley uses Repo and Stock Loan products to finance the Firm. Understand the Firm’s secured funding framework and governance and assist traders in executing secured funding trades within this framework.
- Counterparty Portfolio Management: Quote/validate initial margin on new OTC trades and analyze historical data to ensure risk is adequately covered.
- Strategy: Learn about current BRM and Firm strategic initiatives and help pursue current strategies.
- Business Management: Includes understanding of balance sheet management, risk controls around all of BRM’s business units, management of capital and client analytics.
As a Prime Brokerage intern you will:
- Get the opportunity to work across all areas of our business, gaining a huge exposure to products, services and clients.
- Have the opportunity to engage more broadly with key related business lines such as Equity Swaps, Securities Lending, and Equity Sales.
- This role gives you a high level of responsibility, interaction within the firm, client contact and the ability to add significant value from day 1.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are a university student in your penultimate year of study with an outstanding academic record.
- You have a genuine interest and understanding of the Asian financial markets.
- Fluency in English required.
- Past work or internship business experience required.
- You are analytical, insightful, a quick learner, team player and good at multitasking, with a positive attitude.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Banking and Finance
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:14th Oct 2018, 6:00 pm